IGNORED

what's more important in choosing an apartment?

Guest Mr Salads

62 members have voted

1. 1. What's more important?

• Brand new appliances
    • Excellent natural light

the second place you described sounds nicer due to the deck and light. my last place had a deck and light and it was fucking pimp. super old appliances but we still cooked constantly.

Guest ms-dos

The feel of the place is everything, and light has a much bigger impact on that than new appliances do. I like my apartments to feel slightly antiquated, so older appliances don't bother me at all unless they don't work. And if they break down, just put in a work order and hope that your landlord is on top of his shit.

Where are you looking, Salads?

Guest my usernames always really suck

I'd go by cost of rent above all else.

My apartment has shit lighting. I live in Seattle so even if it did have good natural light then, well, it'd only really happen twice or thrice a year. Besides, lack of lighting = good for seeing what's on screen when playing vidyagaems. I've been spending most of my unemployed life since November living nocturnally with all the lights off, going to bed at like 6:00am or 7:00 and waking up late in the afternoon with just a couple of hours of sunlight that just barely passes through the overcast clouds here. Why are so many people voting for light? It's not important at all.

Guest Mr Salads
The feel of the place is everything, and light has a much bigger impact on that than new appliances do. I like my apartments to feel slightly antiquated, so older appliances don't bother me at all unless they don't work. And if they break down, just put in a work order and hope that your landlord is on top of his shit.

Where are you looking, Salads?

Yeah, totally. Or if the appliances make really loud and obnoxious noises. Then its also time to put in a work order.

Looking in santa monica. I think we are pulling the trigger on this one, Im excited.

i choose option C) making your own decisions in life instead of consulting with a message board of anonymous people to make decisions for you

indeed! you probably talked about this over the weekend with that STRUMPET!

Guest Tony Danza
Dang! This means I need more natural light in my bedroom at my mom's house.

just get your mum really drunk, she'l change her mind after a little persuasion

lol

YOU MAKA ME RAFF!

natural light ftw.

also the balcony sounds fucking amazing. There is nothing quite like smoking a spliff on a beatuiful balcony on a bright sunny morning. If you are planning on living there for long you can replace the appliances if and when the need be but it sounds like the sunny house is going to feel alot more cheerful to live in. Balconies/porches are key. I always like to spend a good 15 minutes basking in the morning sun when I get up even if I'm not toking up because it just supercharges you with positive energy.

Guest Mr Salads
natural light ftw.

also the balcony sounds fucking amazing. There is nothing quite like smoking a spliff on a beatuiful balcony on a bright sunny morning. If you are planning on living there for long you can replace the appliances if and when the need be but it sounds like the sunny house is going to feel alot more cheerful to live in. Balconies/porches are key. I always like to spend a good 15 minutes basking in the morning sun when I get up even if I'm not toking up because it just supercharges you with positive energy.

No doubt. I would love to be able to sit out there in the mornings with some coffee to start the day off right.

Archived