IGNORED

Georgia Guidestones

GORDO

The stones are cool, but "guiding fitness" (eugenics) is fucking bullshit.

hm, I think eugenics works, the problems with it are not scientific, but ethical. Selective breeding has been used for ages in both plants and animals effectively. Forget monkeying about with DNA, just use the old Mendelian method of have x screw y to make z. You're right, better is subjective, but that doesn't mean you can't get what you want. Want smarter people? More athletic people? You could breed them, without a doubt.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
good luck with that.

heh, you will probably do it too, in your lifetime - through sexual selection. Sexual selection is the only form of selection left for humans, as for the most part our environment and diseases no longer select certain people over others.

Guest abusivegeorge

I just want to say this thread has been an excellent read, and I don't really know how to reply, but I'm enjoying it.

Slightly off topic, but worth mentioning. Do you know what the biggest threat to human survival on Earth right now actually is?

Bees, I'm not kidding, they are in danger, and if Bee's die, we die, thats a fact, I cannot give you the full ins and outs of details but it's worth looking up.

That sounds really fucking stupid, but I am, for once, being serious.

the cherry tree in my old backyard stopped producing cherries as there were no bees to pollinate the tree. bees where i live are now rectarded and slow moving wasps that as far as i know can't even sting. it's pathetic and startling. i haven't seen a true honey bee since i've lived here.

I find it hard to believe that one of the most ancient and hardy species on the planet, also commonly cultivated by humans, is "endangered". i have heard that the bee population is on the decline though

Guest abusivegeorge

by the way those are just the first two items I could find on google, didn't really read them I guess I should try harder at 3:30 am.

Yeah, thats about along the lines of what i've been hearing. Though there are more kinds of bees than just bumble + honey, nevertheless, its worrying. Though i doubt we'd be able to let them dwindle to the point of extinction since so much of our ecology and agriculture is dependant on them, and there are (im sure) myriad ways we can attempt to counteract the decline (treating these mites, changing the way we treat wild gypsy moths, etc)

Guest abusivegeorge

It is the Honey bee that keeps the environment stable, and thats the in the biggest decline, I should have made that point in my first post (without the honey bee the others would die off anyway). I don't know enough to talk about it, I just know that my sister is working on the case of bees at the minute and that it's a lot more serious than people are willing to believe, accept or even know about.

Although you're right I doubt we'd let it get to that, but I suppose if people aren't actually aware of it, then not enough can be done, I suppose thats where the black hole is.

Sorry if it's jazzed

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/m...currentPage=all

Called the Georgia Guidestones, the monument is a mystery—nobody knows exactly who commissioned it or why. The only clues to its origin are on a nearby plaque on the ground—which gives the dimensions and explains a series of intricate notches and holes that correspond to the movements of the sun and stars—and the "guides" themselves, directives carved into the rocks. These instructions appear in eight languages ranging from English to Swahili and reflect a peculiar New Age ideology. Some are vaguely eugenic (GUIDE REPRODUCTION WISELY—IMPROVING FITNESS AND DIVERSITY); others prescribe standard-issue hippie mysticism (PRIZE TRUTH—BEAUTY—LOVE—SEEKING HARMONY WITH THE INFINITE).

randomencounterr.png

if we were to address shit logically, judge CUTEBEE would occur about 500-1000 years after fallout power armor dude discovering the georgia guidestones DLC.

good luck with that.

heh, you will probably do it too, in your lifetime - through sexual selection. Sexual selection is the only form of selection left for humans, as for the most part our environment and diseases no longer select certain people over others.

I agree with you. I meant good luck convincing chengod.

Archived