IGNORED

not another

Guest fiznuthian

Guest fiznuthian

so watmm

i'm in dire

need of

dub

been on a dubstep, dub techno, dub whatever for way too long now.

and i know some of you are keen on the ways of dub.

if one were to be completely new to the world of dub,

what are the absolutely ESSENTIAL releases to acquire?

listening to dub side of the moon at a friend's home right now. :)

dubveal.jpg

Guest analogue wings

Yeah you want to start with Scientist's run of "novelty" albums from the early 80s. Easily the most IDM dub records. Then you want to get yer King Tubby and yer Prince Jammy. Maybe throw in Arkology by Lee Scratch Perry. For something dubbed out in a totally different way, get "Drum and Bass Strip To The Bone by Howie B" by Sly and Robbie

Scientist novelty records (in order):

Scientist Rids the World of the Evil Curse of the Vampires

Scientist and Jammy Strike Back

Heavyweight Dub Champion

Scientist Wins the World Cup

Scientist Meets the Space Invaders

Scientist Encounters Pac Man

I think Greensleeves still has all of them in print.

^^^thassa good mix

also: scion: arrange and process basic channel tracks

deepchord presents echospace: the coldest season

on the dub techno end of things

for something a bit different and not strictly dub, check out linton kwesi johnson

great account of the brixton riots. the 'madness' lyric at the start has been sampled loads

i think it's pretty apparent that spaceape is influenced a lot by LKJ

Guest Aces
you can also try the trojan dub box sets; haven't heard them but they're probably good

I have heard them. I would say they are a good place to start.

there are a lot of them, though.

one of the best days of my life was walking into my local HMV to find a musically ignorant part-timer had marked all the 3CD trojan boxes down to €10 a piece. i walked out with 12cds of excellent reggae for 40 quid

Guest Aces
there are a lot of them, though.

one of the best days of my life was walking into my local HMV to find a musically ignorant part-timer had marked all the 3CD trojan boxes down to €10 a piece. i walked out with 12cds of excellent reggae for 40 quid

Fucking nice one! Lucky sod. Although, as far as I remember they are not that expensive anyway... Maybe that's changed.

Creation Rebel!!!!!!!

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Sub Oslo!!!!

no idea why this is labelled as king soly all over youtube, because it's cotti

cheeeeeesy vocal samples are like go-faster stripes lol

adrian sherwood is the fucking selecter

i love this video because of all that bad ting fader riding action yo.

it's rare you actually get to see someone playing the recording studio.

Archived