IGNORED

sixteenarmedjack

essines

so i was wearing my aphex tshirt downtown and some bum looking dude is like "HEY NICE SHIRT WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ALBUM?" and we get to talking. he tells me he makes music under the name 16 arm jack and gave me his myspace http://www.myspace.com/16aj

today i was walking home from work and bump into another dude on his bike with a cute girl, who may be his gf, whatever. point is we got to talking about aphex and snares and then he asked me if i knew 16 arm jack. so i recounted my story for him. and he proceeded to tell me about this guy. apparently he's full of himself and a bit of an asshole. when snares played vancouver a while back this dudes (the guy i met today, with the chick) promoter friend, who booked the snares who, had tried to set up 16 arm jack as an opener for snares. 16 arm jack then proceeded to harass snares about getting on to planet mu and snares was like "fuck no, ask the label yourself, asshole" and now officially hates 16 arm jack. so after his (16aj) set he wanted to (or did, i'm not sure about this) shit talk snares to the crowd for being an asshole and not getting him signed to planet mu. it was a mega lol for me. i thought the dude was homeless, maybe he just chills with homeless dudes downtown or something. and apprently snares likes the girls out vancouver way so he may well be back sometime soon.

anyway, just a story i thought i'd post. plus i got my aphex shirt rep'd twiced in 4 days. and if the dude i talked to today is on the site, then cheers man.

Guest abusivegeorge
i could listen to em without wanting to die.

Which is something you'd be unable to do with Venetian Snares.

Guest abusivegeorge

I do that all the time, but I'm never quite satisfied, because it's never your cock, when essines? I've waited long enough for your blood gag trick.

Guest IRARI

16-armed jack does have a cool artist name but it probably contributes to his terminal assholiness

Cool story.

yeah it was kind of shit but it made my days.

and i think 16 arm jack is a terrible name which is why i won't bother listening to much of his shit.

i hope he's homeless though, he looks like he does crack or something.

lol

venetian snares hates everyone. i remember him ripping into od a few years ago (maybe even on here? can't remember) about being a 'fruityloops fag' or something like that.

resulted in me, od and aron taking the piss out of him with this micro-comp:

http://zebox.com/drill/

I've known Odie (Sixteenarmedjack) for what seems like almost a decade. He taught me a lot about making jungle and introduced me to a lot of jungle produces back in the day. We were supposed to have some records released on a few labels back in the day. They never came out though. :cry: Anyway... He's one of the nicest guys I've talked to. Did some good mastering at a dirt cheap price for me as well.

I don't know anything about him harassing Snares about Planet Mu though. I haven't talked to him in long time.

On a side note... He did a remix of Thunderclap for Remarc back when Planet Mu was rereleasing Remarc's stuff. It was a remix album with Aphex Twin, Soundmurderer, Sixteenarmedjack and some others doing mixes.

Check out some of his older stuff if you can find it. His first record is dope. Illegal 001. There were only 300 copies pressed, but there might be some mp3's on the net.

cool. how'd you get to know him? i didn't realise he was actually known. that's cool, but he seriously was in bum territory when i saw him. very nice fellow though, we had a good chat.

i like what i've heard of his music , someone described him to me as the squarepusher of ragga jungle which was a little bit of a stretch but some of it is some the most drilly ragga jungle i've heard besides sound murderder or sk1

the guy seems to be very well known among canadians but not so much out here.

i made a thread about this guy years ago but i think it was before watmms last big crash

essines: this thread wasn't all an elaborate means to do a parody of sini was it?

I had gotten hold of some copies of his first tracks back in the day and I wanted to know if he was releasing anything soon. This was a few months before his first record came out - http://www.rolldabeats.com/release/illegal/ill001/ I got his contact on AIM or something and we swapped some tracks and all that kind of stuff.

He used to be homeless, by the way. He might be homeless right now... I don't know.

He's one of the most naturally gifted producers I know. This was his very first song.

It was supposed to be released on Rewind.

if drum and bass rave culture had evolved into a sound like this out here in the united states i'd still be going parties frequently

It was supposed to be released on Rewind.

makes a lot of sense, that's sound murderer's label right? seems like ragga jungle is almost totally dead genre with a handful of people still making good stuff

if drum and bass rave culture had evolved into a sound like this out here in the united states i'd still be going parties frequently

It was like this in 2001-2004. But so much stupid shit between a lot jungle producers killed it.

Archived