IGNORED

Wolfram Tones: Music generated by cellular automata

chaosmachine

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

pretty interesting concept, after messing around with it for a bit, it kinda proves that good melodies dont just grow on tree's.

least cheesy thing I made with it was a droney ambient thing that would probably sound a decent soundscape with a lot of reverb

Guest bitroast

i have no idea why this exists, but im playing around with this absolutely horrid jazz 'tune' and loving it.

haha ya it is terrible and the intrigue wont last long.

stoppit's Wolfram sounds almost like he had control of the madness and then the ending... such a smooth ending lolz

can someone try and explain why it exists??

to one day help me finally make good cohesive music.. one day

Guest Stoppit
stoppit's Wolfram sounds almost like he had control of the madness and then the ending... such a smooth ending lolz

hahaha, yeah...I was trying to work out a way to make it end...and then gave up

According to Wolfram's Terms of Use, anything you generate with their software, they own the copyright to - so be careful what you use their "search" for. I'm sure this applies to this software too.

Guest Wall Bird
According to Wolfram's Terms of Use, anything you generate with their software, they own the copyright to - so be careful what you use their "search" for. I'm sure this applies to this software too.

Too bad they'll never be able to prove it. Besides this churns out a lot junk and so I assume that any composer with a decent head would strip away the inevitable junk that appears in any render, making it that much harder.

I cant wait to try making a comp based around this.

Guest Wall Bird

By the way, I'm loving all of the different harmonic scale options. It's really extensive. I wish there were a database with all of these scale formulas listed.

Archived