IGNORED

Getting fucking going in the morning

thehauntingsoul

I have noticed that there is one thing that has more of an effect on your overall motivation during the day than anything else. That's getting the fuck up and going in the morning. Even (and I would say especially) on days when you don't work, its easy to see the difference between your overall level of energy and motivation between the two morning methods:

(May not exactly match your methods, don't panic)

Method One:

- Wake Up

- Head downstairs in pyjamas

- Smoke Bowl

- Beer (Optional)

- Check email/forums/facebook

- Listen to music while browsing the internet (up to 4 hours)

- Eat some Chips

- Realize its now 4:00 and you have wasted the entire day

- Proceed to have an incredibly low level of energy.

Now let's take a look at the second method which I have been actively choosing more often these days with positive results:

Method Two:

- Wake Up

- Brush Teeth

- Shower

- Get Dressed

- COOK breakfast (Usually I make omelettes with lots of veggies, quick and easy)

- Eat, Include coffee

- Do any necessary chores for the day (Vaccum, laundry whatever)

- THEN smoke a bowl

- THEN browse the forums (albiet briefly)

- Actually have the motivation to sit down and MAKE SOME MUSIC

- Have that long lasting 'all business' attitude

The amount of difference between your mood on these two methods is huge. My mood is largely dependant on my motivation levels and the amount of shit i've accomplished in a day, and its very important to get shit on the go in the morning instead of relaxing for a bit and then getting shit done

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rabid

Well what I do is get up really early, go with Method 1 until noon and then I'm ready to start my day. I need to get all that shit out of the way before I can be productive/active.

Guest weed

my favorite way to wake up is to snort a line off the cock of a lucky gent that happened to lay next to me

the key for me is to get out of the bed, get my teeth brushed and my hair combed and a quick wash, and then out of the house as quick as possible. i have it down to about 8 minutes on average. the way i see it, it's a quality of service thing, and it's unpaid effort (i would not be up if i didn't have a job) so my employer gets the basic package and i get the 'maximum sleep' one.

at the weekend i have a leisurely breakfast of poached eggs and hollandaise sauce with fresh strong coffee out my back garden whilst listening to whatever i goddamn well feel like, because that's my time, and it's priceless.

Guest telikan

get psyched about what you plan to make for breakfast in the morning before you even go to bed.

get psyched about what you plan to make for breakfast in the morning before you even go to bed.

impossible. if i get psyched i'll just fucking make it before i go to bed.

Guest IRARI

girlfriends should be required to sign a contract that states they will wake you up every morning with a blowjob

the key for me is to get out of the bed, get my teeth brushed and my hair combed and a quick wash, and then out of the house as quick as possible. i have it down to about 8 minutes on average. the way i see it, it's a quality of service thing, and it's unpaid effort (i would not be up if i didn't have a job) so my employer gets the basic package and i get the 'maximum sleep' one.

at the weekend i have a leisurely breakfast of poached eggs and hollandaise sauce with fresh strong coffee out my back garden whilst listening to whatever i goddamn well feel like, because that's my time, and it's priceless.

this

real porridge oats is one of the only breakfasts worth preparing the night before. mind you the instant version works for me too.

another favourite weekend breakfast - which i also sometimes use if i need to be a corporate powerhouse at work; i pack my stomach with the natural battery that is porridge with cream, brown sugar, and a dribble of honey. or try making porridge with unsweetened cocoa rather than milk (disclaimer:i learnt this from a frenchman), then add full-fat milk and sweeten again with brown sugar. optional razor-thin slices of banana - and maybe a blob of my home-made blackcurrant jam. always with the strong coffee too. porridge is incredible.

Guest JohnTqs

i set my alarm clock 45 minutes ahead so i always think that i'm late. never fails, i'm retarded

Guest weed
girlfriends should be required to sign a contract that states they will wake you up every morning with a blowjob

i agree with this 100 %

i'll forward this to congress

Guest Franklin

30 min routine:

arise to Mark Mothersbaugh-Let Me Tell You About My Boat wakeup alarm on my cell phone

eat breakfast (the grain shop's high fibre cereal with honey)

browse watmm/news while eating

wash face

shave

dress

brush teeth

WORK

Now let's take a look at the second method which I have been actively choosing more often these days with positive results:

Method Two:

- Wake Up

- Brush Teeth

- Shower

- Get Dressed

- COOK breakfast (Usually I make omelettes with lots of veggies, quick and easy)

- Eat, Include coffee

- Do any necessary chores for the day (Vaccum, laundry whatever)

- THEN smoke a bowl

- THEN browse the forums (albiet briefly)

- Actually have the motivation to sit down and MAKE SOME MUSIC

- Have that long lasting 'all business' attitude

you lost your job, didn't you...?

Guest JohnTqs
i'm a member of the 'shave last thing at night' school, always have been

ew fuck that

that's the best my face feels, i want to be awake for it

I'm talking more weekdays, no I didn't lose my job. I did lose a significant amount of hours though because nobody is calling futureshop or bestbuy anymore.

Someone call 1-866-bestbuy.

As a side note, I shave in the shower. I find it significantly speeds up the day. Make sure you shave before washing your body though because then the natural oils on your face help smoothen the shave. Plus hot water all over your face significantly helps the shave out.

Who else does this?

i'm a member of the 'shave last thing at night' school, always have been

ew fuck that

that's the best my face feels, i want to be awake for it

when you shave you subject your face to artificial stress, this makes your skin tighten

overnight your skin gets a chance to relax and recuparate - and you can then wake it and yourself up next morning with ice-cold water and two mildly lubed fingers up your butt. rumour has it you come stupid hard.

edit: shaving in the shower and two mildly lubed fingers up your butt is good too. rumour has it you come stupid hard.

by best shave is immediately after a shower. if a had a no fog mirror i'd do it in the shower I guess.

I have a small circular hand held mirror. It fogs up pretty often but you just rinse it off and its good to go for another 40 seconds or so

Guest IRARI

when i had to shave my whole face i did it after showering but now i only have to shave my neck so i don't care as much

Archived