IGNORED

zazen

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've been checking rotten tomatoes and...

It's funny how all the reviewers knocking the film seem to have the massive internal contempt for the environmental movement. Sure say that the film uses hopelessly played out cliche, in the character and plot design. But why deride the overarching theme just because of some deep seated personal antipathy towards environmentalism. It detracts from what otherwise might be a nice bit of sniping.

-siez-

We've seen this story a million times. Fish out of water. Outsider enters a new group, acts like an idiot, falls in love and wins them all over with his bravery

what i was afraid of.

so you guys not gonna see the movie then?

I'll download it off the internet as usual.

i might do this, but the 3d sounds interesting, so i'm kinda torn between the two. i really just don't have the money to waste on it if it's potentially awful. i'm broke. it fucking sucks.

i'll let watmm decide for me if i should go see it.

Guest beatfanatic

I havent read the whole thread so this might have already been discussed before but I dont understand the appeal of 3D.

oooo look there are things coming right at you!!!!!

I havent read the whole thread so this might have already been discussed before but I dont understand the appeal of 3D.

oooo look there are things coming right at you!!!!!

Thats not what Avatar 3D will be like... its about creating a window... so when you look at the screen you are looking into something with actual physical depth. Its very immersive and I think adds a lot to a visual driven experience (if done correctly).

seems pointless to try and get enjoyment out of the normal 2d version of the film, seeing a good well done 3d imax movie in the theatre is a one of a kind experience. one that probably not for a long time you will be able to enjoy in your home.

seems pointless to try and get enjoyment out of the normal 2d version of the film, seeing a good well done 3d imax movie in the theatre is a one of a kind experience. one that probably not for a long time you will be able to enjoy in your home.

Agreed! Thats why if the movie lives up to my personal hype... I will probably see this film quite a lot in theaters, cause the experience of 3D on a big ass screen is something truly special.

Yeah, I'll agree. I'm only interested in this as a 3D experience. If my local cinema wasn't showing it in 3D I wouldn't bother, but as it is, I'll refrain from downloading so I can get the most out of the experience (I haven't seen a 3D film since I was 10 or so)

I keep seeing people make conclusions on this film based off a few critics... I'm personally waiting to see the movie until I make up my mind on what I think. I see the overall 89% (24 fresh/3 rotten) on RT as a good sign, but the story could still be BS or it could be wonderful.

"Cameron promised he'd unveil the next generation of 3-D in "Avatar." I'm a notorious skeptic about this process, a needless distraction from the perfect realism of movies in 2-D. Cameron's iteration is the best I've seen -- and more importantly, one of the most carefully-employed. The film never uses 3-D simply because it has it, and doesn't promiscuously violate the fourth wall. He also seems quite aware of 3-D's weakness for dimming the picture, and even with a film set largely in interiors and a rain forest, there's sufficient light. I saw the film in 3-D on a good screen at the AMC River East and was impressed. I might be awesome in True IMAX. Good luck in getting a ticket before February."

Roger Ebert (4/4 stars)

This is huge news imo... Ebert has ALWAYS hated on 3D... but for him to praise it, damn I can't wait to see this next week.

I keep seeing people make conclusions on this film based off a few critics... I'm personally waiting to see the movie until I make up my mind on what I think. I see the overall 89% (24 fresh/3 rotten) on RT as a good sign, but the story could still be BS or it could be wonderful.

yet you use countless positive reviews to back up your enthusiasm.

not trying to hate... but you've taken this to ridiculous levels. just go see the movie, and stop being a zealot about it!

yet you use countless positive reviews to back up your enthusiasm.

not trying to hate... but you've taken this to ridiculous levels. just go see the movie, and stop being a zealot about it!

There has been 26 positive reviews... and 3 negative... to focus on just the negative ones and conclude your assumptions about a movie were right is idiotic. I have always been excited for this movie... I'm only posting reviews for the people here who thought that this would suck. Its a shame some of you guys aren't as open to a good time...

you know nothing of my openness.

I just think you're being silly.

I am, and I usually don't do this for anything. But ffs people, this movie should be a blast, and it just bothers me that so many in here are being so cynical about it. Just makes me depressed that I can't share some of my excitement with pretty much anyone here. Its like I am talking to a bunch of old people why i like videogames or something.

Archived