IGNORED

Bacon

Guest abusivegeorge

Guest abusivegeorge

How do you have your bacon people, smoked or unsmoked? I'm very weird, sometimes I like it smoked, it's rare but all of a sudden I will get a craving for smoked bacon, it's quite strange. How do you prefere yours?

Unsmoked is better if you're going to be cooking it in a meal, like adding to a stew or something, otherwise it's too salty, but sometimes that unsmoked just raises my fap.

bacon is one of the things my doctor advise that i don't eat... i'm pissed off! but i only really eat it maybe once ever 2 or 3 months... so i guess it shouldn't hurt!

she put me on a diet...

my bad cholestoral is low (good) and my good cholestoral is at a low level (bad)... something too about low white blood cells and tryglisosomething... i'm waiting for test results from the ultrasound on my liver and blood test... apparently, this is what's causing my joints to be jacked up and my immune system to weaken. i need to reverse this shit so i can start working out again... i've lost about 35 pounds in the last 4 to 5 months... the weight loss i don't mind... i'm hoping i can keep most of it off when i get better!

Guest abusivegeorge
she put me on a diet...

my bad cholestoral is low (good) and my good cholestoral is at a low level (bad)... something too about low white blood cells and tryglisosomething... i'm waiting for test results from the ultrasound on my liver and blood test... apparently, this is what's causing my joints to be jacked up and my immune system to weaken. i need to reverse this shit so i can start working out again... i've lost about 35 pounds in the last 4 to 5 months... the weight loss i don't mind... i'm hoping i can keep most of it off when i get better!

Totally relate to this, the loss of weight through liver problems, sometimes I cut myself and it won't heal properly for months due to lack of white blood cells, it's because the liver isn't producing the right chemicals (or enough of them), feel for you mate, feel tired a lot?

I find the bacon in britain too salty for my tastes. Masks the natural flavour...

Otherwise I'm not fussy.

yeah, depends what you buy - most of the cheaper bacon is really shit quality and chock full of salt and water - you can see it all coming out as a weird white residue when you cook it. you have to spend a bit more and go for quality.... i like The Black Farmer bacon. it's not cheap though - about £3 for 8 slices or some shit...

I'm guessing that the origin of having so much salt is when they would salt shit back in the day to preserve the meat longer.

I'm going to buy some bacon today, hooray!

Guest Iain C

When I ate meat, it was always smoked bacon. Sweetcure is also good... unsmoked bacon was just boring.

she put me on a diet...

Totally relate to this, the loss of weight through liver problems, sometimes I cut myself and it won't heal properly for months due to lack of white blood cells, it's because the liver isn't producing the right chemicals (or enough of them), feel for you mate, feel tired a lot?

the tiredness is one symptom i don't have!

Archived