IGNORED

Which is your favourite Star Trek movie?

Chris Moss Acid

Star Trek Movies  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favourite Star Trek movie?

• Star Trek: The Motion Picture
    • Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
    • Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
    • Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
    • Star Trek V: The Final Frontier
    • Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
    • Star Trek Generations
    • Star Trek: First Contact
    • Star Trek: Insurrection
    • Star Trek Nemesis
    • Star Trek (2009)

After watching the new Star Trek film, I decided to watch all the original movies, and they seem really cool, im not going to venture into the tv series i dont think, too much to take in, so the movies are perect ammount of star trek for me.

so im just wondering what i have to look forward to, i was only going to watch the original star trek films (shatner years) but if picard era is just as good im looking forward it even more.

Guest abusivegeorge

It had to be The Final Frontier for me.

It's the only one I've seen, but I did enjoy it, a lot actually, and that's coming from someone who's not a Star Trek fan.

Guest tv_party

haven't seen about half of them but I think you're missing out at least not watching the original series if you haven't before.

Wrath of Kahn is good but way way overhyped (it's actually quite an ambient slow moving movie with very little action that happens mostly at the end, also there is little to no scifi in it, just pure action/revenge story)

Voyage Home is the most palatable Star Trek film, watching Kirk try to convince a woman that Spock acts weird because he did a lot of 'LDS' in the 60s is fucking great, so is Spock giving a punk on a bus the paralyze grip

I think #3 and #5 are just as good as Wrath of Khan, but for some reason Star Trek fans jump on a stupid fucking band wagon and say 'all the odd numbered star trek movies are bad, all the even numbered movies are good'

couldnt be further from the truth.

I also think Generations and Motion Picture, while being very ambient and not the typical popcorn movie are very good for being science fiction films. Motion Picture was one of Robert Wise' (day the earth stood still, west side story, andromeda strain) last films

also very few people talk about the fact that there was a quasi Star Trek trilogy that encompasses movies 2,3,4 . these are the only star trek movies that directly dove tail into one another

so in short i recommend watching them all from beginning to end, but skip Star Trek Nemesis . that one has no redeeming qualities whatsoever

Wrath of Khan is still the best, but I really did like the new one too. Undiscovered Country is also really good. I am in fact a bit of a Trekkie and even like Star Trek 5....

Wrath of Kahn is good but way way overhyped (it's actually quite an ambient slow moving movie with very little action that happens mostly at the end, also there is little to no scifi in it, just pure action/revenge story)

Voyage Home is the most palatable Star Trek film, watching Kirk try to convince a woman that Spock acts weird because he did a lot of 'LDS' in the 60s is fucking great, so is Spock giving a punk on a bus the paralyze grip

I think #3 and #5 are just as good as Wrath of Khan, but for some reason Star Trek fans jump on a stupid fucking band wagon and say 'all the odd numbered star trek movies are bad, all the even numbered movies are good'

couldnt be further from the truth.

I also think Generations and Motion Picture, while being very ambient and not the typical popcorn movie are very good for being science fiction films. Motion Picture was one of Robert Wise' (day the earth stood still, west side story, andromeda strain) last films

also very few people talk about the fact that there was a quasi Star Trek trilogy that encompasses movies 2,3,4 . these are the only star trek movies that directly dove tail into one another

so in short i recommend watching them all from beginning to end, but skip Star Trek Nemesis . that one has no redeeming qualities whatsoever

also, i agree with you on a lot of things on WATMM awepittance, but i must say the above is, to use a polite word, pish. no sci fi in Star Trek II?? WTF? Helllloooo - The Genesis Device??

no sci fi in Star Trek II?? WTF? Helllloooo - The Genesis Device??

yes ok you got me.. but its only introduced, barely talked about in #2, the genesis device becomes the primary plot in #3. Its only a leadup plot device in #2

Wrath of Khan is still the best, but I really did like the new one too. Undiscovered Country is also really good.

did you know they were both directed by the same person? I personally prefer Undiscovered Country i think it's like an improvement on the action scifi vibe in Khan, but i do have to say James Horner score to Wrath of Khan makes me cum every time, it is some of the best movie score music ever written imo

and yeah i don't get all the hate on #5, spocks brother is a charismatic cult leader that touches people and makes them feel like they are on E and steals the enterprise to see god . what is there not to like?

I liked First Contact because Picard goes apeshit with a Thompson.

i always wondered why after seeing that scene why they never used conventional old fashioned bullets on the Borgs to kill them with all the 'they're adapting' to the phasers and shit, nerdgasm

I liked First Contact because Picard goes apeshit with a Thompson.

i always wondered why after seeing that scene why they never used conventional old fashioned bullets on the Borgs to kill them with all the 'they're adapting' to the phasers and shit, nerdgasm

Because bullets are primitive, y0!

Guest theSun

i'm actually watching all these again before i go see the new star trek. my parents had the box set 1-5 and 6 on VHS, all those movies are pro. i'd say my new favorite one is 4. landing a bird of prey cloaked in the middle of San Fran is fucking badass, they could have made the Spock thing a little better though, but when he's just randomly saying "to hell" in front of things it's pretty ace

Guest theSun

and nemesis wasn't that bad. the redeeming factor is obviously the awesome fight between the enterprise and the warbirds vs picards sons' behemoth. the ending is shitty though, even if there is a B-4 :(. reminded me of the end of 2 and the whole spock dying but not really dead thing.

no sci fi in Star Trek II?? WTF? Helllloooo - The Genesis Device??

i do have to say James Horner score to Wrath of Khan makes me cum every time

fucking A.

Archived