IGNORED

Official Petition for Charanjit Singh's Synthesizing Reissue!

Guest bitroast

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adjective

there's an okay rip available here for anyone who still hasn't heard this http://playmakersplayground.blogspot.com/2009/09/charanjit-singhs-synthesizing.html . I want william onyeabor's anything you sow to be reissued or find a copy that isn't $100+

thanks for the link.

also william onyeabor is great stuff. i think it was you that brought him to my attention (thanks)

Not to spoil the fun, guys.

Hearing the re-mastered track samples, I have speculation of it might not of been made in 1982.

but in my own vast knowlege of the 303, and what charanjit did, at the time of doing them. he is either a fucking genious or can read japanese very well.

i just listened to them, what makes you think based on the sound quality they weren't recorded in 1982?

I've heard a lot of italio disco that's purely electronic from pre 1980 that sounds this cleanly recorded if not moreso

the whole idea of who invented 'acid techno' always seemed strange to me because in my mind anyone who tweaks a 303's cutoff hard enough while layering it on top of an 808 has basically made acid. I wouldn't be surprised if there were not just 10 other people doing this at the same time but more like 100 who just never released music. These roland products were around for quite a long time before acid techno caught on.

nothing to do with the quality, i can just hear it better then them horrible mp3's of the album going around.

one of my ideas was in 1982 roland sent out Japanese only manuals with the 303 in the first run. bear in mind some people find the 303 with no instructions very confusing. with the ammount of technique he used with the sequencing in some tracks are, in my opinion, quite advanced and hard to guess what the button does to get said result (w'out the manual)

so-be- it the function button does everything in relation to the other buttons and pressing transpose up 1-2-3-4 puts it in triples, big deal. but any ways don't get me wrong its highly amazing 303 work, and i cant get over such 303 work-out was done so early with it.

i will get it on vinyl when its available

if you find pre rave dancey instrumental electronic stuff awesome go to this blog - 36 15 Moog blog I've learned about so much obscure Italio disco and space electro stuff from the 70s and early 80s here. Occasionally something will blow my mind that i've never heard of before on here like this Charanjit Singh record ie: Bach for Computer A3 - Bach-Beat (Andante).mp3

Guest Adjective

if you find pre rave dancey instrumental electronic stuff awesome go to this blog - 36 15 Moog blog I've learned about so much obscure Italio disco and space electro stuff from the 70s and early 80s here. Occasionally something will blow my mind that i've never heard of before on here like this Charanjit Singh record ie: Bach for Computer

bookmarked, thanks

compzwart.jpg

usually i think things like this should retain all the original components - but that is one beautiful cover. kind of timeless and tastefully "now" at the same time.

the samples sound pretty good actually... it's a good mix - both styles rely on a sort of droning minimalism but with infinite tweaking going on within that framework. really restrained too - that's what makes this quite timeless i think.

the thing that sounds great about this for me is the monosynth lines over the bass... it's kind of like another incredibly non-repetitive legato acid line :emotawesomepm9:

thats a fuuuuucking awesome picture!

Guest Coalbucket PI

nice one awepittance!

The drummer who did the amen break has been dead for a bit.

...but is coming back in a while?

lets petition for him to be reissued too

if you find pre rave dancey instrumental electronic stuff awesome go to this blog - 36 15 Moog blog I've learned about so much obscure Italio disco and space electro stuff from the 70s and early 80s here. Occasionally something will blow my mind that i've never heard of before on here like this Charanjit Singh record ie: Bach for Computer A3 - Bach-Beat (Andante).mp3

dear joyrex: when I posted mp3 blog sites in the past, my post gets deleted. When somebody else posts one, it is left alone and remains on the forum. wtf is that about?

love,

KY

p.s. 36 15 moog is an amazing library music blog, bazounga is great too

Archived