IGNORED

Terminator and Terminator 2 showing in Los Angeles

pabs

For all people living in the Los Angeles area, I'm pleased to inform you guys that the American Cinemateque at the Aero is showing a double feature of both Terminator and Terminator 2 on Friday, July 31! I hope to see many of you there.....

I bet very few people here have seen these on the big screen (particularly the first one), so this is NOT to be missed!! Also, the editor of the two films is going to do a Q & A between the movies.

It's going to be EPIC.

Guest Bramsworth

One thing I wonder about things like this is if they use original film prints, or do they just use new "restored" digital prints or something like that. I started wondering this after passing a theater yesterday that shows movies from the 50s every night. Any idea?

Guest Mr Salads

i saw wes craven do live commentary for NOES at the aero. It was cool.

Saw all three mad max movies there, with the director q/a

Love LA

Salads,

I've seen so many good movies at the Cinemateque......the last notable ones were Groundhog Day, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Back to the Future 1 & 2, etc.

LA is a good place to be if you're into these sorts of things!

Hope I see you there. I'll maybe wear my Rephlex shirt so you'll know who I am....say hi if you see me!

Anybody else going to this??

Guest Mr Salads

Salads,

I've seen so many good movies at the Cinemateque......the last notable ones were Groundhog Day, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Back to the Future 1 & 2, etc.

LA is a good place to be if you're into these sorts of things!

Hope I see you there. I'll maybe wear my Rephlex shirt so you'll know who I am....say hi if you see me!

Anybody else going to this??

If youre into cinema, LA is unrivaled. NY has maybe one revival theater. Whatever you can see in NY you can see most places.

Only in LA could you get a noir film fest (at the cinematheque, awesome place) every year. Only in LA could you Freebie and the Bean in beautiful 35mm.

etc

ill try to make it out to that for sure

Guest abracadabra

I might be down. I might actually go to the Aero Theatre Thursday to watch Julie & Julia, haha.

Guest Mr Salads

Joe dante is gonna be showing some of his favorite movies Aug 5-14th at the new beverly (great fucking place)

fyi

Guest zaphod

sometimes i wish i lived in la, simply for this kind of thing. dc has nothing. just multiplex after multiplex and a couple of ok art house theaters that occasionally show old stuff at midnight. we got la's traffic, we should have some decent movie theaters.

Guest bitroast

hehe. the aero theatre is just a rip-off of melbourne's astor theatre!

(just this year watched apocalypse now, 2001, koyanisqatsi double, rear window/vertigo double, grindhouse double). watching movies at oldschool cinema+big screen makes the whole experience immensely more enjoyable.

f?%& you you little dip shite

dip shit?????? (put your leg down)

You're calling moi a dipshit?!

Fixed.

Archived