IGNORED

browsers

Guest ezkerraldean

Guest ezkerraldean

for ages my firefox has been playing up. after clicking on a link you often get redirected to some other totally random site, which obviously is rather annoying. i also can't save/download anything using it - e.g. going "save as" on an image in firefox will result in nothing being saved. no idea why. it also crashes every hour or so, for no reason.

obviously i could update it or reinstall it or some shit, but i can't be arsed. anyone recommend me any fancy shiny browsers that have similar functionality but don't use reams of memory? (i still prefer winamp 2 over any other music player due to its tiny memory drain). i'm a massive noob when it comes to shit like this

also i can't be fucked with any microsoft shit.

Guest Rabid

for ages my firefox has been playing up. after clicking on a link you often get redirected to some other totally random site, which obviously is rather annoying.

You have malware, just to let you know.

obviously i could update it or reinstall it or some shit, but i can't be arsed. anyone recommend me any fancy shiny browsers that have similar functionality but don't use reams of memory? (i still prefer winamp 2 over any other music player due to its tiny memory drain). i'm a massive noob when it comes to shit like this

also i can't be fucked with any microsoft shit.

Try opera. But download Malwarebytes first.

Guest ezkerraldean

You have malware, just to let you know.

yeah, definitely something dodgy latched on there somewhere

i'm normally pretty thorough with shit like that though. i save anything meaningful onto an external drive, and only have the OS and a few other bits of software on my laptop's own harddrive. i manually go through it every month and delete all the new files created in that month that aren't obviously legit updates and stuff. i guess i'm doing something wrong lol

I don't use Chrome because of data tracking shit.

Try Opera.

calm the fuck down, do you REALLY think that your browsing habits - just YOURS - mean JACK SHIT TO ANYONE BUT YOU?

your data might help define a demographic, but the second you looked at, let alone clicked a targeted ad you implicitly agreed to do things google's way.

i'm ok with it.

Archived