IGNORED

Live DJ set streaming idea

pera

Hi guys, last weekend I played at Virtual Night Club, it's like a virtual nerdy party (dj+vj+chat) in Argentina but over internet.

Using Livestream we can screencast anything (like Live, Traktor or Quartz), and it's free.

It was fun! seriously :smile: the only problem is that most people there wanna hear drum&bass and jungle, so, why we don't do something similar here?

greetings

(and sorry again about my english)

the audio quality is really low quality on ustream. why not just set up a private high bitrate shoutcast server with winamp or whatever, and then also do the ustream thing if you really want to do video? this would make a lot more sense

I played calypso that night, so.. xD modey, do you've a channel?

nope. i'm not even sure how to go about setting one up. i remember there was a watmm shoutcast server a few years ago that i played a couple of sets on though, that was kinda cool.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I think using shoutcast would be best. It's pretty easy to set it up, only need a decent connection for the host.

yeah sure, but I think is more funny to watch what are you doing and not only hear the result :)

come on friendly people lets do it! :beer:

Guest hahathhat

a friend of mine is working on setting up a site that offers shoutcast rebroadcasting, amongst other things.... i keep pestering him about when i can tear into that shit, and he just says REAL SOON NOW. once that shows up for public use i'll drop a link here, though! :emotawesomepm9:

Archived