IGNORED

NEO·GEO Mini Arcade

Joyrex

I think the one thing that would make this even better is if a mini-atx PC running MAME was inside instead of an actual MVS machine... then you could have ALL the NEO·GEO games at your fingertips!

Guest Deep Fried Everything

I already have a NEO GEO mini, it's called the XBOX, mod it, ...

hard or soft-mod?

biggest hassle seems to be replacing the HDD with a much larger model which is what you need for lots of content. 8GB fills up pretty quick (mine is soft-modded, i understand it's easier to replace HDD with mod-chips in place).

I've mod it with a Duo X2 modchip which required flashing, I had to connect the console to the router and then load the bios via http instead of using CDRW's. It has a large IDE Seagate drive on it, was very easy to switch hard drives with the modchip, I didn't even locked it, this way if the console dies I can still use the hard drive on the PC and copy all the files on it.

FBA XXX Pro has a sweet scanlines filter that looks exactly like the old CRT arcade monitors.

The XBOX was 36 Euros, the hard drive was 30 Euros, the chip was 12 Euros, plus shipping, DVD kit, tools, I think it was all around 100 Euros for a great media center/console.

Vasio: of course I could do that - hell, I've already got all the NG games on MacMame on my iMac... but my point here is the nostalgic value of the arcade cabinet and the well done design work... I had an original NG Gold system and 38 games back in the day, and I really wished I hadn't sold them to get my first car, but that's what happened. I guess I'll always have a soft spot for NG games.

Guest Saskrotch

I think the one thing that would make this even better is if a mini-atx PC running MAME was inside instead of an actual MVS machine... then you could have ALL the NEO·GEO games at your fingertips!

yeah the pocket had a sort of small library

all i'd really want mini arcades for though are samurai shodown IV, last blade 2, and garou mark of the woles

Vasio: of course I could do that - hell, I've already got all the NG games on MacMame on my iMac... but my point here is the nostalgic value of the arcade cabinet and the well done design work... I had an original NG Gold system and 38 games back in the day, and I really wished I hadn't sold them to get my first car, but that's what happened. I guess I'll always have a soft spot for NG games.

Yeah I get the point, my problem is that this sort of stuff gets old really fast, with the XBOX you can still play once in a while and not get a huge cabinet.

What I always wanted was an arcade pinball machine since you can't really emulate that stuff, properly.

this is fatally flawed. look at the position of the controls. my hands would cover half the screen.

This is true; the joystick in the very center is awkward (not the forum member)

Yeah I get the point, my problem is that this sort of stuff gets old really fast, with the XBOX you can still play once in a while and not get a huge cabinet.

What I always wanted was an arcade pinball machine since you can't really emulate that stuff, properly.

lcd-pinball-machine.jpg

mate, people do this shit with a wide 1080p screen and a smaller lcd, theres this free pinball emulator/creator that i cant remember the name. i will make one someday:]

Guest viscosity

looks hard to control, I rather have a full cab.

I got a custom arcade stick for emulation on the pc but the thing is just so huge and a pain to setup.. I usually just play with a 360 controller

lcd-pinball-machine.jpg

mate, people do this shit with a wide 1080p screen and a smaller lcd, theres this free pinball emulator/creator that i cant remember the name. i will make one someday:]

Not even close to being a real pinball machine though.

lcd-pinball-machine.jpg

Not even close to being a real pinball machine though.

yeah, I think this is the problem I have with "virtual" pinball games on consoles... it was always meant to be a physical medium, not emulated through software.

Archived