IGNORED

LORD OF THE RINGS

Guest Hanratty

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zaphod

sure, and the third movie sucked in a lot of ways. but i think they got the spirit of the novels, if not the "mythical beauty", a lot of which probably wouldn't translate to film.

Guest Iain C

I found these movies boring with a capital B. Well, the first two. I fell asleep in the cinema during the second one, so never bothered with the third.

Did anyone see "Name of the rose"?

That movie had great atmosphere, almost cought up to the book. Also had edge and was not cheesy.

Lotr for me is just another moneymaking spectacle. It's better than lots of blockbusters, but still, it's just another moneymaker.

Did anyone see "Name of the rose"?

The one where Sean Connery is Private Detective Monk, Christian Slater sleeps with a witch, and Ron Perlman is multilingual retard? Great movie.

Guest Mirezzi

Holy fuck, I love this place sometimes.

I'm gonna go rent The Name of the Rose, which I haven't seen since I was like 10 years old. Maybe I won't find that it holds up, but it was among the most haunting movies I ever saw as a kid.

A few years ago, I tried reading the book. I got maybe half-way through it and shelved it because it was giving me horrible fucking nightmares. I may give it another shot, but something about the clergy and murders and Umberto Eco's descriptions of the abbey made my skin crawl.

i was pretty impressed by In the name of the rose, it saw it not too long ago for the first time. i think it's probably one of the best gritty period piece medieval movies ever made, at least visually. Some of the costumes of those inquisitor people were insanely good looking. Its my favorite movie by Annaud besides The Bear

Archived