IGNORED

Kona Triangle - Sing a new sapling into existence

YEEP this is finally out and peeps this is one cracking album !!!! could be my favourite album this year.

from Boomkat:

"Combining the forces of Lone and Keaver & Brause, Kona Triangle is beat-making powerhouse, combining head-wrecking kick-snare heaviness with the kind of gauzy, suggestive powers of prime Boards Of Canada material. Over the course of Sing A New Sapling Into Existence you'll hear some of the best future-hip hop drum-craft of the year, exemplified by the 3D brain-wrong of 'Fresh Flowers Ahead' and 'Air Lock's insistent stutter. Wrapped up in all this percussive firepower are dense soundscapes of synthetic, sampled and field-recorded sounds, all buckling under the immense pressure of the low-end punch of those bass drums. 'Mango Rubicon' is a particularly good example of this sort of behaviour; weaving together Boards-style chord intervals, tropical ephemera and blurry rainforest noise, the track opens up with a luscious, panoramic serenity before the disproportionately loud, booming beats crash through the mix like a tyrannical logging company. Ace."

01 Heavens Gate (play)

02 Shine Alight (play)

03 Pinchbeck (play) (

Free Track!)

04 Long Mountain (play)

05 Astorias Ascent (play)

06 Fresh Flowers Ahead (play)

07 Craig y Don Lightshow (play)

08 Air Lock (play) (

Free Track!)

09 Signs and Wonders (play)

10 Nemgo Broadcast Co. (play)

11 Mango Rubicon (play)

12 Toybox (Kona Remix) (play)

13 Mauna Loa (play)

• 10 months later...

Listening to this now and I didn't even realize Keaver & Brause were involved until I found this thread. I'm not the biggest Lone fan but ran across this on another forum and the samples sounded good, better than Lone's stuff. So, cool. I like this. Track changes seem too abrupt at times, but that's not uncommon at all in this genre, so whatever.

I like the album cover.

Pretty much all their works has great replay value, it sounds as fresh now after a hell of a lot of listens as it did then.

Archived