IGNORED

God of War Collection Coming To PS3

Joyrex

having an original series ps3 and psp .. we could already play the games via ... i am hoping my brother (the fan of the franchise) doesn't buy this crap just for false sony promises ...

having an original series ps3 and psp .. we could already play the games via ... i am hoping my brother (the fan of the franchise) doesn't buy this crap just for false sony promises ...

Woah, hang on there - what "false promises" has Sony made? They're re-releasing the first two games in the series (originally PS2 games) on PS3, with updated graphics (720p and 60fps), and Trophy support to boot, all for 40USD in time for the holidays, and as a stop-gap until GoW III comes out in Spring 2010 - if you've never played the first two games (like me), and considering the value of both original games used is around 30-35USD, it's a great value just for that, let alone the HD graphics, and Trophy support. Hell, even if I had played the first two, I probably would buy this anyways, just for the HD and Trophies (I'm imagining they're going to do it like Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection on PS3 where it's actually a PSP game (!) that they ported, adding in HD textures and upping the poly count a bit on the models.

fuck you bubba, the god of war series is awesome, look at this sliding guy demonstrating a new move in GOW3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlR83A_SC5Q

Wicked + good move from sony! + shame on Joyrex for never checking out the first two.

I know... I've seen enough videos of them to know they're good games though...

and Trophy support to boot

exasperated -hehh- .. trophies are for xbox nerds that need emotional validation ... waste of fucking time ... all you're doing is playing the fucking game .. if you are completest .. you will do everything anyway .. without the need for trophicication of your situation ..

' 'uuu i got a trphy fer completing the level in medium easy .. ie 'iz da mahn ..'

exasperated -hehh- .. trophies are for xbox nerds that need emotional validation ... waste of fucking time ... all you're doing is playing the fucking game .. if you are completest .. you will do everything anyway .. with the need for trophicication of your situation ..

Totally disagree there - I think Achievements/Trophies are the best thing to happen to games in a long time - they are neat little sidequests you can do to further your enjoyment of the game, plus they are nice when you do them unexpectedly and the game acknowledges you for doing something well or odd (or not so well in some cases).

exasperated -hehh- .. trophies are for xbox nerds that need emotional validation ... waste of fucking time ... all you're doing is playing the fucking game .. if you are completest .. you will do everything anyway .. with the need for trophicication of your situation ..

Totally disagree there - I think Achievements/Trophies are the best thing to happen to games in a long time - they are neat little sidequests you can do to further your enjoyment of the game, plus they are nice when you do them unexpectedly and the game acknowledges you for doing something well or odd (or not so well in some cases).

BUT THERE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SIDEQUESTS !!! ffS you sound like newb .. i'm sorry ..but fot tha wuck ...

maybe having children and living in the 'emotional support' culture has tainted your mind ...

;-p :: E-;

Guest assegai

Yeah but now everyone knows about your sidequests. Video games aren't just about self gratification anymore, it's about comparing yourself to others.

BUT THERE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SIDEQUESTS !!! ffS you sound like newb .. i'm sorry ..but fot tha wuck ...

maybe having children and living in the 'emotional support' culture has tainted your mind ...

;-p :: E-;

I never said there wasn't before... my point is, now you get acknowledgment (and proof) of completing said tasks...

Yeahbut now everyone knows about your sidequests. Video games aren't justabout self gratification anymore, it's about comparing yourself toothers.

hrmm .. ok .. have your glory .. but everytime i see a little trophy come up everytime i COMPLETE A LEVEL .. i feel dirty .. DIRTY i tells ya .. the whole thing has been subverted to appeal to the lowest common denominator ..

Guest beatfanatic

I will be picking this up. love the first one and the second one was even better. God of War and Uncharted are two of my favorite games.

Yeahbut now everyone knows about your sidequests. Video games aren't justabout self gratification anymore, it's about comparing yourself toothers.

hrmm .. ok .. have your glory .. but everytime i see a little trophy come up everytime i COMPLETE A LEVEL .. i feel dirty .. DIRTY i tells ya .. the whole thing has been subverted to appeal to the lowest common denominator ..

Yes, I agree with you there - getting a Bronze trophy for completing a level you'd normally do anyways is silly, but some Achievements/Trophies are pretty fun to try and attain... Just bought and finished Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for PS3 (fucking great game, BTW, highly recommended, especially that the price has dropped in lieu of the impending sequel), and after (and during) playing the game, we started working on the Trophies - before, it was "Oh well, beat another game, throw that fucker on the shelf"...

Guest assegai

My post had a sarcastic undertone. I think the idea of a "gamerscore" is silly. It's whoever buys and plays the most video games has the "best" score. It's almost in direct relation to how much of a loser you are. Although I like the achievements/trophies but see them as misused. Instead of giving you "gamer points" they should unlock things in your game.

Although I like the achievements/trophies but see them as misused. Instead of giving you "gamer points" they should unlock things in your game.

agreed ... not just because that is what they would do and i understand that there is some frustration to this concept as well .. but hrmm maybe i'm just oldschool in this sense and should sit on the fence ..

+ uncharted blowed (but i'm more a shooter than a scroller so whatever .. instant gratification is my infatuation) .. zehoo my brother liked it .. so it can't be that bad .. so i did watch it clocked (unlocked) ...

I already have GOW I, i could buy GOW II for like 15€...dont know if the upgraded versions really are worth 40$

wait for the new game .. it looks fun .. surely you can find something to do in the interum .. ;-] .. say .. try out some other style software .. i recommend rosetta stone ... (no this isn't a comment on the syntax of the post .. just me wanting to writesomething in a thread i'm feelin' at home in)

Archived