IGNORED

Standalone Software Synthesizers

BCM

Virsyn Tera

Terratec Komplexer (modeled on waldorf Q and xt)

Image Line Morphine (additive synth)

Crusher X live (http://www.stelkens.de/)

None of those are modular but have such flexible modulations they might as well be, and are all stand alone.

Semi Modular -

Korg Legacy Ms-20

Modular -

Synth edit (ake your own vst instruent with a modular/reaktor interface if you want to use vsts down the line)

i've made some pretty fucked up sounds with the sonic charge synplant

Yeah synplant is awesome. If you really want to have control you can open a dialogue with all the regular synth parameters, but it's more fun to use the graphic plant interface. I've done some beta testing for sonic charge on synplant, which they offered me a discount to buy it, but I never have. It's fun to play with and show off to people, but I can't find a lot of practical use for the interface when i'm making music. uTonic is the jam though (drum synth made by the same company)

Yeah synplant is awesome. If you really want to have control you can open a dialogue with all the regular synth parameters, but it's more fun to use the graphic plant interface. I've done some beta testing for sonic charge on synplant, which they offered me a discount to buy it, but I never have. It's fun to play with and show off to people, but I can't find a lot of practical use for the interface when i'm making music. uTonic is the jam though (drum synth made by the same company)

i haven't tried utonic yet but probably will soon. also JobroMedia has released a crazy mod for synplant called "Thorns" which allows you to really push it to extremes and get even crazier sounds, like this insane laughing dolphin/monkey patch i just created hahah. i don't know if it works with the demo but you could try it out and see what happens

This mod spreads the gene data so it doesn't follow any precise genetical guideline. The result: Absolute totally and utter missgrowth of any plant.

Download it here:

http://jbm.net76.net...lant/Thorns.rar

Vaz is one of the most underrated synths ever made. It was probably the first software thing i ever used that had convincing 'analog' sounds in it. dont be phased by the lack of patch cables, you pick up the patching skill set fairly quickly. unfortunately its PC only

I'd also recommend Vaz Mod very highly. You might have to fight against the clunky interfacing a bit, it's not an angel when trying to integrate it into a vsti/automation system, and yes it's a bit ugly, but once you hear the oscs, filters, and the amazing mod sounds, you'll wonder why it sounds so much better (i.e more musical, rich, alive, organic etc) than any other computer synth. I go to it first for pretty much any sound I need to make, and it's a joy to play, jam and experiment with.

well, I've bootcamped my mac and now have XP installed. also FL Studio 8 :) I accidently deleted all my music the other day so I thought fuck it. I'm a bit sad about losing WoW though but I can always download it again....need to stop playing that fucking game anyway....

If you are into "mixing" deck style, I highly recommend "Deckadance". Hands down best dj software i've ever used that didn't require you have turntables, etc. And you can load vst instruments in it and everything is midi controllable. The builting efx are great, and you have separate xy pads for each channel for the fx :) Also has fantastic beat matching.

oh and it's stand alone (you can run as vst too)

Turntable control mode use can use various external physical controllers, or just use the inter drag with mouse style:

DeckadanceScreenshot.jpg

Vst plugin mixer screen shot:

deckadance-club-edition-607_1.jpg

Vst plugin window (which can be used in combination with other modes, its all a complete program, no sepereate functions, kind of like a modular. And you can map everything to midi, even the level controls for the vst wet/dry mmix

Archived