IGNORED

Do you mod your car?

Guest leprechaun

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just bought my first real car too... 2006 Honda Accord Coupe v6 EX-L with a 6 speed manual transmittion. I LOVE it... only mod I have done is an AUX input mod. The thing is fast already (for a commuter car), 0-60 in 5.9... plus I average 27 MPG.

These are epic cars for their value, they also hold their value well, mentally quick, although the top speed is electronically limited to 130, rip it off and you'll be seeing 170. Does it look like it's that fast? Not aty fucking all, excellent, excellent choice my man.

Hey thanks :) It has been my dream car since high school. Yep she is a sleeper for sure... I took one of those new 09 WRX's (non sti) the other day with no problems.

Shit. I have pics you guys will love. Probably not technically modded, but probably not street legal either. I have held on to these pics for a month for something like this (I hear some people have to wait a really long time, like their whole life).

Hold on to yer butts.

Guest JW Modestburns

I modded my ripped upholstery with some top of the line duct tape. I also modded my dashboard cup holder with some extra napkins from Checkers so that smaller canned drinks no longer tip over.

I'll post pics later, if I'm not too lazy...

Guest abusivegeorge

i just bought my first real car too... 2006 Honda Accord Coupe v6 EX-L with a 6 speed manual transmittion. I LOVE it... only mod I have done is an AUX input mod. The thing is fast already (for a commuter car), 0-60 in 5.9... plus I average 27 MPG.

These are epic cars for their value, they also hold their value well, mentally quick, although the top speed is electronically limited to 130, rip it off and you'll be seeing 170. Does it look like it's that fast? Not aty fucking all, excellent, excellent choice my man.

Hey thanks :) It has been my dream car since high school. Yep she is a sleeper for sure... I took one of those new 09 WRX's (non sti) the other day with no problems.

Awesome, and yes, yours is faster! If it had been the STI version it would have had to have been down to other guy getting a shit start, but yeah you will piss on a non STI model for sure, good man.

Caretstik, I say absolutely fair play mate, some people buy their cars for the enjoyment of driving and thrill, to be modded from an enthusiasts view, properly with care and know what they are doing, others use them just to get from A to B, which lets face is it, is what they werre built for in the first place.

It's the ones who buy fiat puntos and vauxhall corsas and attach Voyager kits to them, and stick a can of beans on the exhaust, and tint their windows so they can deal pokemon cards in the back that need shooting. I guess this could kind of come under the category of buying them for enjoyment, but in most cases it's a no, it;s just chavs thinking their 1.2 is quickets thing on earth and want people to hear that.

Current ride (not mine, Googled pic):

Evo IX

evo-ix-x-mr-wheels001.jpg

Usual basic exhaust/reflash/brake/etc mods, ~320bhp atw. Enough to make it fun on the track without shit breaking every 20 seconds. Stock BOV, airbox, don't care for silly noises and the car looks rice enough as it bloody well is already without bodykitting the thing to hell and back again.

Gah, forum won't let me edit posts after a few mins - was fighting with trying to get an image to display inline and epic failed.

Was going to add - with you completely regarding tasteful mods. If done right, really enhances the vehicle; many are bloody shocking though. Especially pretty much every damn bodykit on the planet! :-(

Guest leprechaun

Gah, forum won't let me edit posts after a few mins - was fighting with trying to get an image to display inline and epic failed.

Was going to add - with you completely regarding tasteful mods. If done right, really enhances the vehicle; many are bloody shocking though. Especially pretty much every damn bodykit on the planet! :-(

I honestly dislike bodykits in general, I've yet to see one I really like. I also hate it when people put those huge exhausts on their cars - that, along with enormous shiny rims. We get a lot of that 'round here (just outside of Baltimore).

Guest ezkerraldean

I honestly dislike bodykits in general, I've yet to see one I really like. I also hate it when people put those huge exhausts on their cars - that, along with enormous shiny rims. We get a lot of that 'round here (just outside of Baltimore).

black rims are pretty classy. one of my mates even had these really simple five-spoke rims that were bright red, on a green corsa. worked suprisingly well

Guest abusivegeorge

Yeah thats I was on about earlier, big gash bodykits and stupid loud exhausts on cars that it has no beneficial source for. I do like tastefully modded bodykits, bodykits built and designed specifically for that car, Ford for example make their own bodykits for their own models which are stunning, and very subtle. Loud large exhausts are acceptable on many turbo'ed and japanese cars, thats because the cars benefit from having a wider exit pipe due to expellation of external wastegate gases, giving the car more power.

Not these fucking Vauxhall Corsas and Hyundai trajets for fuck sake.

Guest Al Hounos

that's fucking awesome. i love america. do you remember what he was a "supporter" of in 2008? i'd be interested to know but i can't read it. only thing is... storm trooper mask? doesn't really go with the spawn of satan theme.

Guest abusivegeorge

My friend and I once built a cardboard bodykit for his 1988 Toyota Corolla and took it to the local cahvfest cruise, we even had the traditional modified sickers shopping list down the doors.

eggs

milk

flour

sugar

tampax

Guest hahathhat

i used zip ties to keep my bumper secured, apparently it's common for hondas of that vintage to get a bit of rust there. the stereo has been upgraded, to the point where the speakers can't handle the load. but, the car is old, and i can't be arsed to upgrade the speakers too.....

that's fucking awesome.  i love america.  do you remember what he was a "supporter" of in 2008?  i'd be interested to know but i can't read it.  only thing is... storm trooper mask?  doesn't really go with the spawn of satan theme.

I don't remember.  I was afraid that if I came too close, a behemoth of a biker would come charging out of the nearest bar and force my body to become the consistency of applesauce.  I took those pics in less than two minutes on the way out of town.

• 10 months later...

This is what I'm gonna do...

14a8wed.jpg

lol.

i just bought a new 2010 subaru forester xt turbo today. its pretty sweet. i pick it up on monday and i must say i will feel sad about letting go of my 2001 maxima. she was good to me. the only mods i plan on this is are a subwoofer soon, some tint and remote start. heres what the new family truckster looks like (minus the euro plates).

subaru_forester_dizel_3.jpg

Archived