IGNORED

What In The Hell Happened To British Design Esthetics?

Joyrex

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

basically you're old. as you get older you'll hate more and more new stuff.

one thing i hate is all these young pups wearing cardigans

Fuck that - I may be "old" (oooh, 36, ready to kick the bucket), but I consider myself more forward-thinking than many of the current generation, and just because something is "new" does not mean embracing and accepting it with open arms without question.

Interesting Obel fact: A few years ago at about 1am, jealous husband Tom Baker broke into his wifes house opposite my house (they were seperated) and proceeded to beat her new boyfriend half to death with a pickax handle before stabbing the guy about 50 times in front of his kids. Then he came over to my house and knocked at the door asking to see my father who was working at the time. The police showed up soon after and he was carted away. He's been in jail ever since.

Yeah, Tom's a crazy old sod, for sure!

Actually, that story was true. Obviously I wasn't talking about the Doctor Who Tom Baker though.

Interesting Obel fact: A few years ago at about 1am, jealous husband Tom Baker broke into his wifes house opposite my house (they were seperated) and proceeded to beat her new boyfriend half to death with a pickax handle before stabbing the guy about 50 times in front of his kids. Then he came over to my house and knocked at the door asking to see my father who was working at the time. The police showed up soon after and he was carted away. He's been in jail ever since.

Actually, that story was true. Obviously I wasn't talking about the Doctor Who Tom Baker though.

:facepalm:

Guest AOOproductions

Fuck that - I may be "old" (oooh, 36, ready to kick the bucket), but I consider myself more forward-thinking than many of the current generation, and just because something is "new" does not mean embracing and accepting it with open arms without question.

You dont have to be of the current generation to be forward thinking do you?

No, but most would consider the up-coming generation to be the most forward-thinking or "cutting edge" these days...

rex' date='07 October 2009 - 07:45 PM' timestamp='1254941126' post='1138481']

Interesting Obel fact: A few years ago at about 1am, jealous husband Tom Baker broke into his wifes house opposite my house (they were seperated) and proceeded to beat her new boyfriend half to death with a pickax handle before stabbing the guy about 50 times in front of his kids. Then he came over to my house and knocked at the door asking to see

my father who was working at the time. The police showed up soon after and he was carted away. He's been in jail ever since.

:facepalm:

Oh I see what you did there!

av-1262.gif

Oh Joyrex, you're so wacky in your old age!

Guest AOOproductions

No, but most would consider the up-coming generation to be the most forward-thinking or "cutting edge" these days...

We'll there retarded, cause all they do is use twitter and facebook 24/7, followed by a healthy dose of online gaming while in classes.

The logo will look fine animated and zooming through a time tunnel. Lens flare in the logo/titles is nearly 30 years old, so it's not like it's a new thing for the show.

I just hope Matt Smith's winking face is included in the titles. That would be the best.

Anyway the lens flare makes it feel DWish. I mean it's friggin Doctor Who

lol, i actually agree with this one. doctor who wouldn't be nearly as loveable without its cheesy overtones.

- i really, REALLY love the idea of DW in the shape of the tardis (though the beacon on top is a little over the top)

- the type choice is a miss for me

- everything else fits perfectly within the style of doctor who (see quoted post above)

Archived