IGNORED

Australia is Racist

Guest Gary C

Guest Gary C

Now I'm not sure how popular this programme really is, and how many people actually watch it. Considering the Comic Sans font and generally terrible set, I assume it's low-key. But still... fuck you, Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dB6-uXvaNY

Harry Connick Jr. could have been forgiven for thinking appearing on the talent section of Australian TV show 'Hey Hey It's Saturday' would be a harmless affair -- perhaps a little teeth-grinding over some off-key singing, but nothing more serious than that.

Connick Jr., however, then had to sit through a performance by Jackson 5 tribute Jackson Jive, featuring a quintet of Aussie blokes wearing afro wigs and a Michael Jackson impersonator too -- and blacked up to complete the look.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iain C

Australians are remarkably racist. From what I understand the country itself is lovely, aside from being full of Australians.

Guest Gary C

No, you're right. They do represent all of Australia. To green-light such a performance is a damning indictment of Australian culture.

I'll admit that every Australian I have ever met has found fun in unrepresented racial minorities.

yeah i cant speak for australians though really. perhaps it's just too white and homogenous there. what's it like there? how often does an australian run into a native or other person of color? how often does an australian interact with a black person? asian?

Guest mafted

If you think about it, that place is just weird.. although I've definitely seen plenty of hot Australians. I guess that helps.

yeah i cant speak for australians though really. perhaps it's just too white and homogenous there. what's it like there? how often does an australian run into a native or other person of color? how often does an australian interact with a black person? asian?

Australia supposedly has large population of minorites, there's a ton Asians esp. in Sydney, but I hear they don't have much media representation.

I think the Australian TV show is racist and horrible.

Good for HCJ standing up for what's right.

BTW

He's the one on the right -> harrypreacher.jpg

Here it's full of browns and yellow, so I'm forced *shudder* to interact with them everyday..

Ironic post^ I can't speak for every aussie but my group of mates are a bit of a rainbow /melting pot of diff racials - greek aussie indian lebo anything goes. What people don't get about this place, there's a price for multiculturalism:

A white and asian guy might crack a nigger joke...

An indian and lebo could crack a jew joke..

A wog and a gook will crack an abo joke..

You get me? It's racist but isn't at the same time...

apparently abbos still have a well hard time even today

They give themselves a hard time mate, sure whites took their land but...russians took my land, that's why I'm here ...as a refugee. All the other races just tend to get on with it...except abbos. They expect everything to be given to them. Trying not to be racist here, but every race here (not just whites) dislike abbos...especially the Asians since they're always stealing from their shops

Guest ezkerraldean
especially the Asians since they're always stealing from their shops

omg not all asians own shops you dirty racist lol

yeah, i gather that though. they insist on sitting in their bullshit reservations and act suprised when they can't get a job so then they turn to sniffing petrol lol. that's the impression i get anyway. one of my (english) mates is out in melbourne and says everyone avoids the abbos cos they're constantly fucked on something and super-aggresive. the actual aussies i know never have a bad thing to say about the abbos, although that's probably cos they've never actually met a proper one.

This is the equivalent of a bunch of black guys painting their faces white while wearing stupid wigs to mock-perform as The Scorpions and expect white people in general to be racially offended by that. Oh right no it isn't, since white people in general don't all look the same, or act alike, or listen to the same music or talk the same way therefor... no white person would take offense, lol pwnd.

Abbos also have a serious problem with alcohol, look up on wikipedia to see what I mean.

Ezzy its messed up and i do feel sorry for em...but then i think back to when i was 12 and I had my cab money stolen by an adult indigenous man on NYE. I was actually getting out a dollar coin to give him and he snatched the whole wallet. That's just plain fucked up

This is the equivalent of a bunch of black guys painting their faces white while wearing stupid wigs to mock-perform as The Scorpions and expect white people in general to be racially offended by that. Oh right no it isn't, since white people in general don't all look the same, or act alike, or listen to the same music or talk the same way therefor... no white person would take offense, lol pwnd.

lol had never thought it that way...gold

Archived