IGNORED

i reckon this place is haunted

BCM

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I don't think there's actually that much to do in Wimbledon except leave it... Most of the people I know who lived around there last year have relocated to East London which is where most of the art scene is anyway. Topanco's is good for an amazing £5 pizza lunch, and Copperfields second-hand bookshop is an absolute treasure-trove. The Wetherspoons there is one of the least lairy ones I've been to as well. Good charity shops if you're into that sort of thing (doubt it), the girl who works in Farah is really nice.

there's quite a lot going on in Wimbledon Village i think - that's where most of the bars and that are, it's a short bus ride out of Wimbledon town centre. there's not that many bars and that in the town centre itself, it's more retail (but there are a few pubs and things). i dunno, i really like it so far...

Guest abusivegeorge

I want to go to Pizza Street!

Me, you, BCM, pizza. Waddya say?

And shits n giggles.

Edit: and beer and coke.

Guest abusivegeorge

Thats the most linear, generic commerical for a food store I have ever seen, it actually made me lol. Sexy woman talks though, I'd eat there, dough base looks good too.

Guest thanksomuch

Cocked it--one more try

PIZZA STREET IS PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but srsly, i have helped do infomercials and B-rolls and all sort of promotional taping (as a food stylist) and that made me nervious for some reason....

The cheapest acceptable pizza I've had recently was a £1.50 7" pizza from a little kebab shop type place. I wouldn't trust that price if it had meat on it, dangerous dangerous meat, but you can't really go wrong with vegetables. It was really tasty too - deep pan, good crispy crust, and less than the price of a pack of cigs. Actually about half the price of a pack of cigs. And about as healthy.

Then a little while back, I found the 12" Sainsbury's "Taste the Difference" mozarella and sun-dried tomato pizza for half price - a whopping £1.99. It was the best supermarket pizza I've ever eaten.

Yes, better than a Dr. Oetker. I said it.

The Sainsburys Italian ones when they're on offer are great, particuarly the pepperoni one.

I had a lovely roast this evening, I might go have some more now.

my budget no longer allows for any extravagant dr. oetker pizza eating any more, im eating carlos stonebaked aldi frozen pizzas that are a pound, and putting my own toppings on.

Guest abusivegeorge

Then a little while back, I found the 12" Sainsbury's "Taste the Difference" mozarella and sun-dried tomato pizza for half price - a whopping £1.99. It was the best supermarket pizza I've ever eaten.

Yes, better than a Dr. Oetker. I said it.

Man those pizzas are fucking amazing.

Archived