IGNORED

Hearing Damage

Tessier Ashpool

So, yeah, anyone else check this out yet? Pretty effing awesome (though I'm sure some will hate it). Also, don't know if anyone has checked out the live stuff that T-hom has been doing lately but it's pretty bad-assed - never thought I'd hear Flea + Thom Yorke and it sound good, but a lot of the Eraser songs seem to benefit from the live treatment.

solo Thom Yorke has not disappointed me yet....

not crazy about the drums on this either but just the sounds used, I think the beat is fine...

feeling pulled apart by horses/the hollow earth is good stuff!

Guest bitroast

the live stuff's been amazing. harrowdown hill, cymbal rush, hollow earth & feeling pulled by horses are all !amazingamazing! live.

im honestly not getting yorkes solo stuff. i like the odd track but most of it is pretty bereft of interesting ideas. cue 'idm' beat, bass, moan vocals, maybe throw an ethereal melody in the background, repeat. i still love 'ok computer' and 'kid a' but im bored with this stuff..

im honestly not getting yorkes solo stuff. i like the odd track but most of it is pretty bereft of interesting ideas. cue 'idm' beat, bass, moan vocals, maybe throw an ethereal melody in the background, repeat. i still love 'ok computer' and 'kid a' but im bored with this stuff..

dude, you are too high brow for all of us here....

go enjoy your Brahms and leave us simpletons to listen to this contemporary shite! :happy:

seriously I think you have great taste...

I just enjoy Yorke vocals more than most, his lyrics, his inflections, and I know there are those out there that don't as much...

(as with Bjork, Jonsi from Sigur Ros, certain voices bug people but I know you listen to some people that have unique voices e.g John Balance, Ogre, Genesis P-Orridge, etc)

the actual music does sound a bit generic, I guess, but after multiple listens to 'The Eraser', I fell in love with it...

and I think the Twin said that he makes music with a simple theory, just try and make the same track over and over until you get it right...

where can one hear the live stuff ?

You can check out some pretty good recordings of the live stuff (Open the Floodgates is new and AWESOME) here. They have three tracks streaming and one live video.

Varying quality in videos and performances but these are pretty good:

[youtubehd]h11GmH2wGGU[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]yF3Ygqu95KE[/youtubehd]

Hope this makes up for the lack of linkage in the original post (didn't even think of youtube as a viable circumlocution of copyright infringement)

Edit: Pulled Apart since jules said he liked it:

[youtubehd]WIPWz2dxFEg[/youtubehd]

Guest bitroast

You can check out some pretty good recordings of the live stuff (Open the Floodgates is new and AWESOME) here. They have three tracks streaming and one live video.

yeah, the whole bootleg those 3 tracks are from is out and about and definitely good quality :)

yeah, the whole bootleg those 3 tracks are from is out and about and definitely good quality :)

Link? I am interested in hearing this stuff.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

lol i think yorke told flea to put a shirt on and he did

flea must be bored as shit playing these basslines

thanks for posting

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

its a live show. link that shit up. i went to greenplastic and ateaseweb and found nothing.

dude, you are too high brow for all of us here....

go enjoy your Brahms and leave us simpletons to listen to this contemporary shite! :happy:

seriously I think you have great taste...

I just enjoy Yorke vocals more than most, his lyrics, his inflections, and I know there are those out there that don't as much...

(as with Bjork, Jonsi from Sigur Ros, certain voices bug people but I know you listen to some people that have unique voices e.g John Balance, Ogre, Genesis P-Orridge, etc)

the actual music does sound a bit generic, I guess, but after multiple listens to 'The Eraser', I fell in love with it...

and I think the Twin said that he makes music with a simple theory, just try and make the same track over and over until you get it right...

heres a recent pic of me

pretentious2.2009-08-01.15-00-56.jpg

'Ahhhh, being stuck in between the colour dimensions makes me introspective."

this performance is pretty lame, the stage set up, Thom's dancing, Flea....it looks and sounds very plastic.

Minimalism Thom, minimalism.......

Guest bitroast

yeah sorry about not posting links earlier, it means digging through the atease forums and finding them.

flac

this is what i downloaded and its defs the same source as the 3 tracks posted earlier.

320 mp3

haven't downloaded this but it says 'Schoeps mk41' in the description so i >assume< it's the same source.

That link to the Schoeps source is the best recording of 10/5 out there right now - BUT, there seems to be a variety of 10/4 boots floating around with varying quality. Spent the better part of the last couple of days trying to sort through the various rips, etc. The Schoeps source is out there for the 10-4 show on btree here. Also good quality, but some of the mp3's I have sound a little fuller.

And, yes, digging through atease for this stuff deserves some sort of friggin' medal

-T3-

Guest Mirezzi

This is dogshit. Not as dogshit as the Death Cab song that was also released for Twilight: Revenge of the Vagina, but still dogshit and shame on anybody who's cashing in on this trashy vampire shit.

Guest Franklin

This is dogshit. Not as dogshit as the Death Cab song that was also released for Twilight: Revenge of the Vagina, but still dogshit and shame on anybody who's cashing in on this trashy vampire shit.

word... except I think this is bigger dogshit than the deathcab song.

Archived