IGNORED

nikolai valuev Vs.david haye

keltoi

Guest tbio2007

Just watch MMA instead, it's a far superior form of fighting.

Lol, I don't feel like looking at Brock Lesnar's arse for five minutes.

Guest tbio2007

brock lesnar isnt a great example of MMA

Haye or Valuev are not great examples of boxing, next week we will see a proper boxing fight.

Guest Adjective

Haye is a cock and Valuev appears to be a decent geezer. I hope Valuev slaps him about and quickly, so I can watch SSN again without hearing about it every 5 minutes.

You have to consiser how much boxing wishes it was still relevant now.

adjective will fix these

fixt

Guest tbio2007

Haye is a cock and Valuev appears to be a decent geezer. I hope Valuev slaps him about and quickly, so I can watch SSN again without hearing about it every 5 minutes.

You have to consiser how much boxing wishes it was still relevant now.

adjective will fix these

fixt

So I gather you have evidence of how poor the ratings/buys were for this fight?

Guest Adjective

no, this wasn't advertised much in my market, first i've heard

edit: sorry for just shitting on this thread and boxing. i do find these sort of matchups interesting, but i think usually, these monster vs. fighter type matchups are freakshow / ratings draws. i don't think this is a step in the right direction for boxing

exactly. valuev is everything a champion or good boxer shouldn't be. just a big guy who can overwhelm everyone.

even foreman had great ring intelligence and lewis had finesse.

yeah it was slightly anti-climactic but not every good fight needs a KD.

anything valuev threw, you could see it coming long before he even thought of it. i actually think he's slightly retarded and is being exploited. haye played it like a game of chess as he should have, patiently picked his way in, gradually getting the points, using his speed and agility. i think he only lost a couple of rounds. he said after the fight that punching valuev in the head was like punching solid stone but even so, he managed to shake him a couple of times and he was trying to win instead of running away all the time.

at least i robbed a fiver from my mate who reckoned noone could possibly beat the big guy.

Archived