IGNORED

nikolai valuev Vs.david haye

keltoi

looking at these guys you'd wonder how they even get matched up for a fight, but i think this is going to be an extremely interesting fight... david Vs. goliath... real life rockyIV Vs. ivan drago - and we know who won both of those fights.

haye - quick, fit, tenacious and powerful. if he can only get close enough to use his skills.

valuev - the guy's a BEAST - fuckin HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! can reach to the opposite side of the ring, obviously got power but he's slow and cumbersome.

david-haye_1489499c.jpg

dunno, just read his wikipedia entry, no mention of it, but there is this awesome excerpt:

"Valuev was born on August 21, 1973, in Leningrad (now Saint Petersburg). He is of Russian descent, but he also had a Tatar grandfather.[1][2][3]

He wooed his wife, Galya, with poetry that he composed himself. He has two young children, daughter Irina and son Grisha (Grigoriy). He hunts deer and wild boar with his bare hands and goes fishing with his son. In his professional boxing career Valuev has been defeated only once – by Ruslan Chagaev.[4]

Valuev is a Russian Orthodox Christian.[5] During his youth he played water polo and basketball, and was also a discus thrower."

Guest ZeroHour

imo Valuev isn't a great technical boxer

hes cruised his way to the top by his height+ reach advantage, and has dodged fights with the stronger opponents

with that being said, I hope Haye gets KTFO as revenge for all the shit he said to klitschko

Guest tbio2007

It all ends with them rolling around on the mat fondling each other, right?

That's UFC.

And the fight is around 15 quid. I was thinking Valuev would win as a KO is unlikely and a Haye victory on the cards is unlikely as its in Germany. He would have to win by 4 clear rounds in my view to get a victory on the cards. But you also have to think Valuev has never felt power like Haye's or been in the ring with his speed either, it's an interesting one. Not sure why I'm talking about this on WATMM, it won't be long before someone talks about folding boxes, bunch of fannyholes.

Guest Dirty Protest

Haye is a cock and Valuev appears to be a decent geezer. I hope Valuev slaps him about and quickly, so I can watch SSN again without hearing about it every 5 minutes.

Guest tbio2007

Haye is a cock and Valuev appears to be a decent geezer. I hope Valuev slaps him about and quickly, so I can watch SSN again without hearing about it every 5 minutes.

You have to consiser how much the Heavyweight divison needs hype now.

You have to consiser how much the Heavyweight divison needs talent now.

fixt

keep in mind evander holyfield almost won a decision against valuev when holyfield was WAAAAYYY past his prime.

Valuev's days are numbered.

now reading the second page, it appears valuev lost?

and of course its going to be a boring fight.

valuev is huge and so overeaching all other fighters, no matter how good the opponent is, he is going to have to go slowly, defensively, and chip away at the big guy and win on points. no dumbass is going to rush a guy that big.

Haye did what he had to. Danced around and kept his distance. Valuev looked more offensive in the early rounds, he had obviously been riled by Haye, but just couldn't catch him and looked cumbersome. Haye had landed the more dangerous punches, but Valuev was more aggressive.

Nothing really happened until the last round when, to be fair, it could have still gone either way. Haye had a flurry of good hooks that landed on Valuev's face. Valuev looked increasingly more shaken in the replays.

In honesty, if it had gone on any longer, or if Haye had been given more opportunities, I think Valuev would've been the first to drop.

It was still pretty boring though.

Archived