IGNORED

Belladonna Records Compilation: Call for Submissions

Guest samarah

• 2 weeks later...
ive heard countless people on here more talented than you, no justice.

Who are you talking to and why? Are you jealous of the topic creator for having been on Zod? Thats just dumb, do you think he gives a shit? This has nothing to do with his personal music and it should not be brought up in this topic.

Guest aeser

so basically you want people to fund your label. haha you'll pay royalties, like you're going to even sell enough copies to cover production costs. i don't get how you can even consider it "your label" when the comp is essentially being put out by the artists on the comp, is it not THEIR label then?

Guest aeser
oh yay the negative posters. same type of people moan about paying cover charges when promoters are usually losing money to bring in good talent.

actually the better metaphor would be you are like the promoter that asks his talent to pay him to play a show no one will show up to

in this delicate state that the electronic music scene is in we're taking a real risk by taking this plunge

exactly what risk are you taking when the artists themselves are the ones funding the cd?

but are extremely passionate about it and am asking like-minded individuals and friends to donate to the cause.

not so much "donate to the cause" as "fund my release"

i am a producer myself and have been performing and releasing for years and have paid more than $25 to be on compilations for labels that i believe in

that's where we differ. if i believed in a label enough to pay to put my shit out on it i'd just put it out myself and believe in my own label. infact that's exactly what i did.

and have reached new contacts, listeners, gigs and made new friends because of the experiences. besides, any artists saavy enough to take a couple of the discs and sell them at a gig will make their $25 back.

you know a lot of people who will buy a cd full of unknown electronic artists who all had to pay $25 to be on the comp in the first place, an unmastered cd to boot? i don't.

belladonna has a great diy orientated label family. being our first release, we are gathering our current roster and label friends and everyone's been extremely supportive ;) power in numbers, my friend. after this comp we'll be in the position to start paying for the releases entirely.

i.e. your artists are going to fund your label. why not just save up a grand and put it out yourself? don't believe in it enough to do that? too much of a risk? if this is the case perhaps you should not shit another worthless cd comp into the world.

back quite easily. if you aren't interested in a community and collaborative label, then by all means, don't submit.

how is it collaborative? you said what kind of tracks you want so people are supposed to jump like monkeys and make some music you'll like and then pay to have it pressed? and what exactly are you going to do for it? post about it on a couple forums? what a spirit of community! you deserve a fucking medal sir!

25 quid isn`t a lot of money ffs ...i`d happily pay to get a track on a decent looking release along side "some of our favourite merck and ghostly artists"....

i submitted a tune and it got chose for this compilation...trouble is i am proper skint at the minute....i have minus pounds right now and falling....

Guest samarah

aaaanyway, thanks everyone for the submissions and for being involved...the comp is full now.

we are really excited about the comp and it has it's going to be a lovely cd for those long, lazy summer daysl :) featuring tracks from lackluster (merck), justin mcgrath (alphabasic), chimp logic (belladonna), room (audiobulb), local artists and many, many more!

album art is in progress, cd release date confirmed for early july, official release date tba!

truly,

samarah/sarah

p.s. if you are anywhere near madison, wi...the belladonna records launch party is May 27th :yeah:

Glitchflyer-front.jpg

Glitchflyer-back.jpg

Guest samarah
aaaanyway, thanks everyone for the submissions and for being involved...deadline was monday.

we are really excited about the comp and it has it's going to be a lovely cd for those long, lazy summer daysl :) featuring tracks from lackluster (merck), justin mcgrath (alphabasic), chimp logic (belladonna), room (audiobulb), local artists and many, many more!

album art is in progress, cd release date confirmed for early july, official release date tba!

truly,

samarah/sarah

p.s. if you are anywhere near madison, wi...the belladonna records launch party is May 27th :yeah:

Glitchflyer-front.jpg

Glitchflyer-back.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ddrumfable

I just wanted to thank everybody that took the time to submit.

The turn out was wonderful, and we have compiled a really nice tracklist for the album. :heart:

Samarah... play nice with the boys :stuart:

Looking forward to the show this weekend!

I just wanted to thank everybody that took the time to submit.

The turn out was wonderful, and we have compiled a really nice tracklist for the album. :heart:

Samarah... play nice with the boys :stuart:

Looking forward to the show this weekend!

when is it out and whats the releasedate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ddrumfable
when is it out and whats the releasedate

official release date is tuesday july 18th...

preorders will be available mid june and will include extra fun goodies :heart:

Guest ddrumfable
fun stuff. Problem with submitting money online for a release is that this is the internet & there are plenty of scams running around. If it was people I knew round these parts I'd be happy to donate a few bucks...on the internet however-> never.

I can understand people's hesitation and scepsis. Will there be distro in Europe?

working on it.... where you at?

Archived