IGNORED

Mininova bans pirated and non-ownership files for good

Brandi_B

Published on November 26, 2009

Hi all,

Today is an important day in the history of Mininova. From now on, we are limiting Mininova.org to our Content Distribution service. By doing so, we comply with the ruling of the Court of Utrecht of last August.

Unfortunately the court ruling leaves us no other option than to take our platform offline, except for the Content Distribution service. According to the verdict (Dutch link) we have to prevent uploads of torrents to Mininova that refer to certain titles or to similar-looking titles. We’ve been testing some filtering systems the last couple of months, but we found that it’s neither technically nor operationally possible to implement a 100% working filter system. Therefore, we decided that the only option is to limit Mininova to Content Distribution torrents from now on. We are still considering an appeal at this moment.

Link

Their new requirements are:

* You are (or your company is) the copyright owner or publisher of quality content.

* You would like to distribute your content for free.

* You agree that you will not upload DRM-protected content or spam.

http://www.mininova.org/apply

I discovered this b/c all my album torrents were suddenly gone. But I can re-upload them (which I will) since I own them, but have to sign up for a content dist. account (which is still free).

also, if you haven't noticed demonoid has been down for some time. I really like demonoid for finding good music and really want to get mine on there. All this doesn't bother me that much since I buy all my software, but as far as music goes, i support (even being an artist myself) 100% being able to download and find any music you want, and finding other ways to support artists, or just donate to them via paypal which a lot of big name artists have caught on to.

mightynova.org

of course there are many other torrent sites, but mininova as the name alone was a big one and still will be, but there will be less rare music on there along with new and artist owned uploads. I like it all mixed together :) But yeah, there's plenty of other options, but mininova i have always liked b/c its a nice layout, not a whole bunch of ads, and has pretty decent seeding, unlike tpb which is pretty big but has turned into grab and no seed.

are people torrenting rare stuff from regular(non-invite) torrent-sites? wut? try one of those post-oink sites

not really, but mininova was one of the only ones that i could still find decent stuff on, and has been convenient since demonoid went down.

everyone will just switch to magnet/DHT links and membership only sites. the trend present at the moment cannot be stopped. either the MAFIAA faces up to this fact, or they will die.

Archived