IGNORED

Chrome supports extensions now.

GORDO

I was just about to ask; is it a given that Chrome includes the same 'features' as the Toolbar gives IE or FF?

Either way I'm not that bothered even if it is true. I want to fastforward a decade or so and get a Google-subsidised apartment, where they give me cheap rent in exchange for placing screens of personalised ads dictated by their observation of my personal possessions and habits.

I could picture that red light in your signature saying that, in a soft, soothing, monotone voice

what are the advantages of using chrome over firefox again? also, does anyone see any conflict of interest in google, which makes cash from advertising, having a browser?

chrome is very light and very fast. what conflict of interest? do you mean the adblocking extensions? google doesn't seem to care so far.

http://www.benedelman.org/news/012610-1.html

I don't see a conflict of interests. In the worst case it's an invasion of privacy but not even that.

what are the advantages of using chrome over firefox again? also, does anyone see any conflict of interest in google, which makes cash from advertising, having a browser?

chrome is very light and very fast. what conflict of interest? do you mean the adblocking extensions? google doesn't seem to care so far.

http://www.benedelman.org/news/012610-1.html

Google Chrome doesn't support their own toolbar...

lol

...but it shows pretty good how they handle your data :closedeyes:

still I think this is only a temporary problem and I hope they're gonna respect the users privacy more

Guest nene multiple assgasms

so I installed chrome on my netbook. how do I set it to delete cookies when I exit except for certain sites? also, apparently the ad blocking extensions only hide ads, they can't block them from actually loading. also, no noscript! full screen mode seems kind of useless, or am I missing something?

Guest Ron Manager

so I installed chrome on my netbook. how do I set it to delete cookies when I exit except for certain sites? also, apparently the ad blocking extensions only hide ads, they can't block them from actually loading. also, no noscript! full screen mode seems kind of useless, or am I missing something?

For the cookies, is that not an option under the wrench icon > Options > Under the Bonnet (out of curiosity does this section say 'Under the Hood' for US English settings?)

And re: full screen, I never use it on my netbook but I suppose some people might find it useful?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

yeah it says hood. the options for cookies are very limited, though. there are only three options on the drop-down menu.

yeah it says hood. the options for cookies are very limited, though. there are only three options on the drop-down menu.

you can use the incognito mode as a workaround.

Dictionary extension... Nice

Double-click on any word and it pops up a definition.

Oh shit, it even just gave me the definition of AVGN...

avgn: The Angry Video Game Nerd (abbreviated as AVGN, occasionally shortened to The Nerd) is the titular character of a series of farcical retrogaming

Amazing.

Archived