IGNORED

Chrome supports extensions now.

GORDO

pootie tang will draw you a picture of how he gonna kick your ass, then mail it to you ten days in advance. the picture gets there right? you're goin', "what the hell is this?" and then pootie tang knocks on your door, promptly kicks your ass and you still won't know what happened to you!

Guest Ivan Lennovitz

For Mac, too? I feel like the Mac version is a little behind, no bookmark manager, flash-handling sucks (my cpu load goes through the roof).

But, yay. So Chrome gets bombarded with badly programmed extensions, taking away its speed and slimness, because of which I switched to from FF in the first place.

Guest Enter a new display name

Extensions now make the argument about Chrome being a light and fast browser invalid. It affects browsing speed for sure, same goes for memory usage.

Well i never used extensions in firefox but i still swithced to chrome.

some people here said something like "chrome is great but no adblock so i wont use it", so there.

btw i think i messed up, the beta build has extensions now but not the stable one.

Where are these then?

https://chrome.google.com/extensions

For Mac, too? I feel like the Mac version is a little behind, no bookmark manager, flash-handling sucks (my cpu load goes through the roof).

But, yay. So Chrome gets bombarded with badly programmed extensions, taking away its speed and slimness, because of which I switched to from FF in the first place.

what is your experience with flash on other browsers?, because in mine, since update 10, cpu load for flash goes through the roof no matter what.

Guest Ivan Lennovitz

what is your experience with flash on other browsers?, because in mine, since update 10, cpu load for flash goes through the roof no matter what.

Firefox and Opera: raised, but not unusual (20–30%); Safari: slightly higher: (30–35%); Chrome: fuck you (60–70%).

I’m on a MBP, so at first I noticed how the fans started up whenever I was youtubing.

• 1 month later...
Guest nene multiple assgasms

Nice, there's tons of new extensions, guess only the hardcore will still use FF.

told you I was hardcore.

what are the advantages of using chrome over firefox again? also, does anyone see any conflict of interest in google, which makes cash from advertising, having a browser?

Guest Ron Manager

I switched to Chrome when Firefox started giving me a few issues (on both my desktop and netbook??). Most annoying was with bookmarks - it would always either forget or never be able to store bookmark icons, and I like to keep most of my bookmarks in the browser bar without any text. Making the switch was great for netbook browsing though as Chrome gives you the biggest browser window size, essential for a 10" screen.

Glad to see the extensions have arrived, now I can get mouse gestures back.

what are the advantages of using chrome over firefox again? also, does anyone see any conflict of interest in google, which makes cash from advertising, having a browser?

chrome is very light and very fast. what conflict of interest? do you mean the adblocking extensions? google doesn't seem to care so far.

chrome is very light and very fast. what conflict of interest? do you mean the adblocking extensions? google doesn't seem to care so far.

http://www.benedelman.org/news/012610-1.html

Google Chrome doesn't support their own toolbar...

Google Chrome doesn't support their own toolbar...

lol

Guest Ron Manager

I was just about to ask; is it a given that Chrome includes the same 'features' as the Toolbar gives IE or FF?

Either way I'm not that bothered even if it is true. I want to fastforward a decade or so and get a Google-subsidised apartment, where they give me cheap rent in exchange for placing screens of personalised ads dictated by their observation of my personal possessions and habits.

Archived