IGNORED

"my step-sister's brother"

kokoon

Guest Glass Plate

Dude say you had a stepmum, and she had a daughter (your stepsister), who had a step dad (from your stepmothers previous relationship) who had a son (her stepbrother, who was birthed by her stepdads previous partner, but no relation to you whatsoever), and you were introducing a friend to him, you would say to your friend "this is my stepsisters brother".

Holy shit I actually have one of those, but a stepsister's sister, and I've never met her before, probably never will.

Well koon, I didn't even read all of abusivegeorges, but my step brother/sister's father def. had a kid with some else before he had them, so when he was 13 he had a 21 or 25 year old half-sister, which could easily be called sister, and I hold no connection to that woman so it's very easy for me to say my step-brother's sister. though I would probably say my step-brothers way older half-sister that I've never met before.

Guest abusivegeorge

Pretty fucking sure I nailed that one mother fuckers.

yep. and the only thing that blows my mind here is that this thread was 8 posts deep in confusion before you cleared things up.

actually he didn't nail that one mother fuckers. because the relation he described is MY STEPSISTER'S STEPBROTHER, not MY STEPSISTER'S BROTHER.

Dude say you had a stepmum, and she had a daughter (your stepsister), who had a step dad (from your stepmothers previous relationship) who had a son (her stepbrother, who was birthed by her stepdads previous partner, but no relation to you whatsoever), and you were introducing a friend to him, you would say to your friend "this is my stepsisters brother".

Holy shit I actually have one of those, but a stepsister's sister, and I've never met her before, probably never will.

Well koon, I didn't even read all of abusivegeorges, but my step brother/sister's father def. had a kid with some else before he had them, so when he was 13 he had a 21 or 25 year old half-sister, which could easily be called sister, and I hold no connection to that woman so it's very easy for me to say my step-brother's sister. though I would probably say my step-brothers way older half-sister that I've never met before.

Thankyou Glass Plate, I think it would be pretty stupid to go "this is my step-sisters step-brother" anyone in their right mind would just say "this is my step-sisters brother".

yep. and the only thing that blows my mind here is that this thread was 8 posts deep in confusion before you cleared things up.

I know what a fucking travesty.

interesting. glass plate, so you'd consciously call somebody's stepbrother his brother, just because they're close? i mean, i get it, sure, but if you're trying to explain to somebody how you know somebody, don't you try to be as exact as possible?

Had a friend that was trying to explain how he was related to this guy I knew from school, and his father said, "I suppose you could say, 'He and I are both my sister's brothers.'"

My friend's mother had a daughter from a previous marriage, divorced, and had my friend. Her ex remarried and had another kid. I suck at ASCII or I'd make a diagraham.

Archived