IGNORED

Google Buzz

Guest Gary C

So Google Buzz has appeared in my inbox and it looks a lot like Facebook. It has status', the ability to tag friends, and you can post videos and images to it.

So whatever happened to Wave? Because that was confusing and sucked. :trashbear:

!! ,.. hah and the australian media was so proud of the wave team.. we'll see what happens eh .. but sergey has even been interviewed promoting this .. so it's something that is a priority for them ..

Guest bitroast

wave was too much of a memory hog for me... and waves just turned into confusing messes. had very little understanding as to what the fuck was oging on half the time :S

yeah wave, in its current state, is all but unusable. rendering it seems to rape my computer, much less trying to do anything. i also don't really see it as innovative. it's like taking im+email+google docs and mashing them up into something that renders them all useless. as a computer science student, i once held google in high regard. these days, i fear them more than anything. they've got more data than we know how to handle... they've got a bot crawling this thread right now!

yeah wave, in its current state, is all but unusable. rendering it seems to rape my computer, much less trying to do anything. i also don't really see it as innovative. it's like taking im+email+google docs and mashing them up into something that renders them all useless. as a computer science student, i once held google in high regard. these days, i fear them more than anything. they've got more data than we know how to handle... they've got a bot crawling this thread right now!

let's test that theory. no results, yet.

http://www.google.com/#q="they've+got+a+bot+crawling+this+thread+right+now"

Guest bitroast

i also don't really see it as innovative. it's like taking im+email+google docs and mashing them up into something that renders them all useless.

lolxD

let's test that theory. no results, yet.

http://www.google.com/#q="they've+got+a+bot+crawling+this+thread+right+now"

soon though

look at this and you know why google is getting sweaty hands:

http://trends.google.com/trends?q=google.com%2C+facebook.com&geo=all&date=all

what because visists to google.com increase steadily?

because facebook has a lot more visits?

maybe you should look at something like this instead.

link

what is your point anyway?

the youtube v facebook graph is interesting it shows that visits among those two are highly correlated.

look at this and you know why google is getting sweaty hands:

http://trends.google.com/trends?q=google.com%2C+facebook.com&geo=all&date=all

what because visists to google.com increase steadily?

because facebook has a lot more visits?

maybe you should look at something like this instead.

link

what is your point anyway?

the youtube v facebook graph is interesting it shows that visits among those two are highly correlated.

trends only shows what users search for. So if you've got google as your homepage there is few chances that you'll type "google" inside google's search box or in your adress bar (firefox redirects bad inputs to google).

Google are spunking hard in all directions

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/think-big-with-gig-our-experimental.html

"We're planning to build and test ultra high-speed broadband networks in a small number of trial locations across the United States. We'll deliver Internet speeds more than 100 times faster than what most Americans have access to today with 1 gigabit per second, fiber-to-the-home connections. We plan to offer service at a competitive price to at least 50,000 and potentially up to 500,000 people."

"Like our WiFi network in Mountain View, the purpose of this project is to experiment and learn. Network providers are making real progress to expand and improve high-speed Internet access, but there's still more to be done. We don't think we have all the answers – but through our trial, we hope to make a meaningful contribution to the shared goal of delivering faster and better Internet for everyone."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8517613.stm

The firm has now set up a "war room" at Google HQ to bring together engineers and product managers to make decisions about what changes need to be made to Buzz.

"If it becomes clear that people don't think we've done enough, we'll make more changes," said Mr Jackson.

He acknowledged that many of the networks "tens of millions" of users were "rightfully upset" and that the firm was "very, very sorry".

"We know we need to improve things."

Apparently more of a security issue, but it seems that no-one's particularly happy with this strange and shoddy attempt at facetwitmail

Archived