IGNORED

the natural history museum

BCM

Guest Masonic Boom

i'll give a tour of my synths for $5 a head

Man, I wish the synth museum was still in the basement of ... oh god, what was the name of that shop? It wasn't on Denmark Street but around the corner. Closed a while ago. Wait - Turnkeys! They had such amazing gear, and they'd let you sample it for a fee. I would happily have paid admission to that place.

should have gone to the british museum! Possibly the greatest anthropology museum in world!

The name is a bit of a misnomer however. Should have gone with "the stuff that the british empire stole from the rest of the world because they thought they were deck and then didn't give it back museum"

Man, I wish the synth museum was still in the basement of ... oh god, what was the name of that shop? It wasn't on Denmark Street but around the corner. Closed a while ago. Wait - Turnkeys! They had such amazing gear, and they'd let you sample it for a fee. I would happily have paid admission to that place.

now thats a valentines day idea. A tour of the turnkey synth basement.

yeah, shame it shut down.

Is there anywhere else in London like that?

Guest Masonic Boom

now thats a valentines day idea. A tour of the turnkey synth basement.

yeah, shame it shut down.

Is there anywhere else in London like that?

Closest thing I can think of is the Horniman Music Collection, but the problem is, you can only look at the instruments. They have a sample bank for browsing, but it's really quite difficult and clumsy to navigate.

Guest ezkerraldean

i got my mars rock samples chemically analysed by ICP-MS at the natural history museum, for my masters project.

THEY HAVE A LOT OF PHOSPHORUS

Guest Masonic Boom

I was never that impressed by the British Museum. But I guess I lived right next door to it for a year, its appeal kind of wore off. For art, I prefer the National Gallery (especially if you walk round the Sainsburys wing looking for mad psychedelic UFO stuff in the sky of medieval religious painting) or the V&A. The V&A is amazing, especially if you get into those weird cabinets full of paisleys.

Archived