IGNORED

what are you guys giving up for lent?

Alzado

As usual, I'm giving up a number of things this year. First, i'm giving up facebook. that site is too addictive and it will be nice not to feel compelled to check it every 15 minutes. next, i'm giving up store bought coffee (i.e. making starbucks runs). it's an expensive luxury that I would be wise to do without. finally, this may be the most difficult, but I'm going to give up slapping attractive young girls on the ass when I pass them on the street. as much as they may find it flattering, i need to exercise a little restraint and the lenton season gives me the perfect excuse. i already refrain from ass slapping fat, ugly and old (above 25 yo) women, so it's not like it's going to be that much work. but it will still be difficult to lay off a tasty young ass when I spot one, especially when she's just begging me to do it with her little girl scout eyes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im trying to stop having actual orgasms when people are being friendly to me. I literally spunk in my pants when anyone offers some friendly advice or even a coffee. My doctor says that's my way of keeping my distance from the world.

ah yes, catholicism,, everything is your fault and you must give up something because of it.

come on man.. funk dat.

regardless.. it's ingrained in my mind. i was confirmed in to that shit so, even though logic tells me otherwise, i still find myself resorting to judgmental thinking and feeling guilty for everything. it's because they start you at the most impressionable age (about 7 or 8). they know this.. which is why it's brainwashing.

quick story: my grandmother grew up at some kind of religious commune with nuns. she told me she still remembers overhearing one of them saying "if you start them young, you've got them for life." brainwashing.

ah yes, catholicism,, everything is your fault and you must give up something because of it.

come on man.. funk dat.

regardless.. it's ingrained in my mind. i was confirmed in to that shit so, even though logic tells me otherwise, i still find myself resorting to judgmental thinking and feeling guilty for everything. it's because they start you at the most impressionable age (about 7 or 8). they know this.. which is why it's brainwashing.

but you figured it out so they did a shit brainwashing job on you. you're too smart, good work.

Guest Masonic Boom

Thing is, self denial is actually very good for you, in limited doses. It's character building, teaches self control. I just kind of ignore the whole religious aspect to Lent and do it anyway, as a kind of experiment to prove to myself that I can.

That said, I still haven't decided what to give up and I've only got 6 hours to decide.

Lent isn't just for Catholics. CofE / High Church Anglicans do it, too.

yeah, but they're all going to hell because your fat king wanted a divorce, so only catholics matter.

Guest Masonic Boom

thanks Fred.

yea that seems true, MB. it keeps your ego in check. :rdjgrin:

One of my friends on twitter suggested I give up Aphex Twin for Lent.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Guest Masonic Boom

Tomorrow. I have to keep track of these things coz my mum is a priest and it's impossible to get hold of her on any high holy feast days of obligation.

As usual, I'm giving up a number of things this year. First, i'm giving up facebook. that site is too addictive and it will be nice not to feel compelled to check it every 15 minutes. next, i'm giving up store bought coffee (i.e. making starbucks runs). it's an expensive luxury that I would be wise to do without. finally, this may be the most difficult, but I'm going to give up slapping attractive young girls on the ass when I pass them on the street. as much as they may find it flattering, i need to exercise a little restraint and the lenton season gives me the perfect excuse. i already refrain from ass slapping fat, ugly and old (above 25 yo) women, so it's not like it's going to be that much work. but it will still be difficult to lay off a tasty young ass when I spot one, especially when she's just begging me to do it with her little girl scout eyes.

but what if shes offering free cookies?

for me, as a practicing catholic, lent is about giving things up to make yourself more available to god. it's about giving up some of the noise in this hectic modern life so that you can sit, be quiet, and listen to god's message. that's going to be my plan of attack. i want to know how i can better serve god.

I'm really glad to hear that Fred.

The older I get, the more I realize that the only thing that truly matters is speaking the truth of God's word. Believe whatever you want, live for whatever you want, but tomorrow we die! Therefore, we must be cleansed of our sins at the foot of the cross.

Archived