IGNORED

Who here is from Ireland...

Guest Conor74

in fairness willie actually helped me before by hurrying along some tedious government paperwork that was taking an age (he is was my local TD).

he must be very pissed off tonight. also his moustache is pretty damn awesome.

Guest Conor74

The standard 360 days of rain is the joke on us.

My avatar is a pic taken from the back of my house on one of the handful of sunny evenings last year. When the sun shines it's the greatest country on earth, Willie or no Willie.

The standard 360 days of rain is the joke on us.

My avatar is a pic taken from the back of my house on one of the handful of sunny evenings last year. When the sun shines it's the greatest country on earth, Willie or no Willie.

Ye but you live in Kerry. Where everything is beautiful, cause nobodys there to destroy it.

dick-mack-s.jpg

best pub/leather shop in the world. you can have an excellent pint of guinness whilst having a belt and shoes made.

i have danced on tables here.

i would add krugers and tig bhric, except renovation ruined both, like so many pubs on the dingle peninsula

some of the best music i've ever experienced live was in tig bhric, sitting next to an open turf fire, with some boyos going mental on the uileann pipes and tin whistle

i was about fifteen. i miss it terribly

Guest Conor74

If it wasnt so darn close to Cork....

In South Kerry so near West Cork, and gotta say love that part of the world. Crookhaven and Mizen Head is stunning, all around there in lovely, Glandore, Union Hall, Clon, Glengarriff etc. etc. Plus loads of hippies and great for parties. Dingle is lovely but can be a bit Deliverance-ish around there, some of them like to fight.

this girl im dating has a lot of family in Scotland. She was telling me that the government provides her aunt with a house and a car. A new car. She also said that outside of the cities a lot of houses have no electricity. I don't know what to believe

Guest Conor74

She was telling me that the government provides her aunt with a house and a car. A new car. She also said that outside of the cities a lot of houses have no electricity. I don't know what to believe

All true. And if you slide down a rainbow and catch a leprechaun and shake him, gold will fall from his pockets!

No free cars around here. And all electrified for a few decades now. Though if you look at my avatar there is a valley near that mountain range which was the last area in Ireland to get electricity...but back in 1967.

Guest ezkerraldean
She also said that outside of the cities a lot of houses have no electricity.

that was true for a lot of places out in the english-welsh no-man's-land i used to live in. absolutely nowhere had gas either, had to buy in shitty canisters.

i *really* want to live somewhere as rustic as that again. somewhere in the wilds of the UK or ireland

Guest Conor74

i *really* want to live somewhere as rustic as that again. somewhere in the wilds of the UK or ireland

If by rustic you mean remote, we sure got that in some places round here. Know of some houses that are miles from their neighbours. Of course they are completely fucked from the inbreeding, but they are happy.

Its been a while since Ive visited Fungi really. Last July I was right out on the legs in a Gaeltacht area which was sweet cause I could speak with the locals but there werent very many around. The name of the place escapes me.

Guest ezkerraldean

If by rustic you mean remote, we sure got that in some places round here. Know of some houses that are miles from their neighbours. Of course they are completely fucked from the inbreeding, but they are happy.

i guess i mean both, but yeah i love that shit

although i want there to be a massive mead hall within 10 minutes walk of my house (alternatively 5 minutes drive in the mk2 Golf GTi that i will own when i live there)

ireland has a really good klezmer scene.

awesome

Guest Conor74

How did Conan O'Brien become so popular without any discernible sense of humour? I guess Bob Hope carved out a career with okay writers too.

The village he was in at the start was Adare, Co. Limerick, which is beautiful.

Archived