IGNORED

Do You Listen how The artist Wants or Your Way?

superstix

Depends on the sound system/speakers. Usually my iPod EQ is set to off. I used to have it set to "Bass Reducer" when wearing my Sennheiser earbuds because I thought they were bass-heavy. Then I got used to the normal sound so it's always off now. Also I hated having to change the setting depending on what I was playing...so off is better. I don't need any adjustment for my office headphones.

At home on iTunes I have it on a custom setting, things sound too flat on those speakers if it's off. I plan to get some new speakers soon-ish so we'll see how those sound, I'll turn off the EQ to start.

I don't think tweaking an EQ for optimal sound messes with the artist's intentions, though. It all depends on the speakers.

it's pretty much near impossible to hear it how the artist intended it unless you invest a lot of $$ in a really nice system. There are so many variables in the mix being that every component in the lineup is going to alter your sound which is why when you listen to the same music on different types of headphones... on some the bass booms, others the bass hides in the back... or the highs will be nice on one pair and harsh on the other. I typically leave everything flat though I know what I am hearing is far from flat.

Flat, just the way I like my girls. I might eq if the mix is really really poor, but that happens like once every 5th year.

i must have a sick mind. i read that quote as meaning you have a penchant for necrophillia

No necro intended

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

my preference is to fuck corpses after they have been dead from 3.33 to 111.11 minutes after checking out no more no less (necro not intended)

Archived