IGNORED

Looking for more electronic tracks in 6/8

Guest epsy

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

you might have seen this but this is the best example of how to count a odd time sig's ive seen, this guy is brilliant

Guest margaret thatcher

you might have seen this but this is the best example of how to count a odd time sig's ive seen, this guy is brilliant

jesus christ. must be a joke. wow.

also, isn't someone on here dave brubeck's grandson or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd1tdfUyUoQ

Here's another tune in 6/8. You gonna try telling me that's in 4/4 as well? I don't know if you just assume because it has a downbeat on every quarter note, that you assume it to be in 4/4?

i count 1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4, and beetween 1 and 2 i count 1 2 3, so i guess it is 4/4 with triplets or 12/8 because you divide the 12 by 3(triplets) and it gives 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd1tdfUyUoQ

Here's another tune in 6/8. You gonna try telling me that's in 4/4 as well? I don't know if you just assume because it has a downbeat on every quarter note, that you assume it to be in 4/4?

i count 1 2 3 4, 1 2 3 4, and beetween 1 and 2 i count 1 2 3, so i guess it is 4/4 with triplets or 12/8 because you divide the 12 by 3(triplets) and it gives 4

the beggining might sound weird but but still in 1 2 3 4

or maybe it's in 6/8 lol it´s almost the same...

the main thing here is, whenx/4 you have th small parts divided by 2 while in X/8 you have them divided by 3, and since you can use triplets in a 4/4 you/re making a X/8 compass, or not...

i really hate to break it to you epsy, but that infected mushroom track is mos def in 4/4

the 2nd half of the song goes into 4/4. THE BEGINNING OF DISCO MUSHROOM IS IN 6/8 TIME. Just like personal jesus by depeche mode. Just like this song @ 1:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxDk5_yNpjg

goofball.

try this, instead of counting the smaler beats count a bigger one, you'll count 1 2 3 4 durring all song, but at 1:30 they start subdividing it by 3 instead of 2 or 4, wich sounds like triplets, or gives that waltz(valsa) feeling... marching dancing feeling...

Guest Lube Saibot

The only instances wherein there is a differentiation between 3/4 and 6/8 is when you have accents on even eights. That's the whole point of moving to doubletime, innit?

So when you'd, for instance, have accents on the 3nd and 5th beat of a 6\8 bar, you could just count that as a 3\4 bar and consider the accents to be on the second and third quaver. When you have accents on the 1st, 4th and 6th on the other hand, for instance, that's when you bring in the 3\4. It's wildly irrelevant in electronic music though, since you don't need to count as you've got a grid with infinte resolution, depending on how intricately you program you can end up with what is essentialy 12\16 or more in the space of 3\4.

resuming, the upper number says how many beats do you count in a compass, and the lower number tells you if you sub-divide it by 2(X/4) or by 3(X/8)

am i right???

first number is how many beats in a measure

second number is the division of time used (ie quarter notes, 8th notes, 16th notes)

so like...if you counted quarter notes instead of double that (8th notes) you would have 6/4 which sounds like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INHttEHCZEw

Guest Lube Saibot

6/4. it pulses on the 1st and 4th quaver. no need for 12/8. unless you consider that breaking down of the track towards the second minute, but that's just insanity.

Guest Lube Saibot

how is this 6/8? I can't count the bars as anything other than 3 beats in length (with stress on the last beat).

what else could it be? perhaps a combination of time signatures?

It's 6/8 going 2/8+4/8 or simply 3/4 going 1/4+2/4. That would be pulses (or accents if you will) on first and third eights or alternately on first and second quavers.

Guest Lube Saibot

so still 6/8 then? regardless, the whole song makes me go :emotawesomepm9:

Nah, not really, as i said, you can simplify this one to 3/4 as there are no accents in between the 3 main downbeats. Me too, btw. :emotawesomepm9:

Archived