IGNORED

Music is medicine

Guest Fishtank

Guest Fishtank

no thoughts?

I think he's on to something, of coarse there's no concrete scientific evidence given

or

heaven forbid we should have a serious music discussion on a music thread forum

or

jizzband jerk and cheesewheel

I haven't watched the vid because I'm playing an album right now but I definitely agree that music is a form of medicine and keeps me sane. Of course sometimes it can make me insane too but the proper formula in turn returns me back to sanity.

Guest Fishtank

if it's tl;dw the actual talk is only 5 min and he basically covers the story of The Soloist:

Nathaniel Ayers, a mentally ill, homeless street musician who possesses extraordinary talent, even through his half-broken instruments. Inspired by his story

Gupta talks about working with him and how his sanity would return like a lightswitch when music was played

I wish they had some kind of charts or graphs that showed brain activity changes over time

Guest kelvanE

music is a continuous suicide rescue system.\\ music the most effective delayed-release anti-depressant out there.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

I remember that years ago somebody, maybe scientists, studied how Mozart's music affected people/animals/things in a positive way

Archived