IGNORED

:trashbear: 26th June Salford, Manchester

Guest placidburp

Mr Feltcher came up with the idea of filming or somehow doing a live broadcast of this so our overseas chums won't miss out on the fun. Anyone know how easy(or difficult) something like that would be to set up?

It would be great if we could get it filmed. If people want to bring cameras with them we could maybe get it filmed between us. Just an idea.

i have a camcorder, that takes miniDV tapes. i don't have any spares, so i would need either a donation for money to buy some (since i'm jobless), or if anyone has any spare that are knocking around.

i also could possibly bring my EeePC and see if we can sort out a soundboard broadcast via ustream or something, but that would require an internet connection at the venue and appropriate cabling. cabling shouldn't be an issue, but the internet connection may be.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest margaret thatcher

yeah, a shoutcast stream would probably be best, but dunno if the pub'll have internet.

Guest placidburp

I will ask the owner that if I ever hear back from them. Think I will just have to eventually go to the place and ask in person. gah!

I won't be there, but I hope the night is a huge fucking success. Hopefully the first of more such nights? Maybe one more Norfolk-ish? (Plaid are playing here soon, so don't laugh).

Guest placidburp

I won't be there, but I hope the night is a huge fucking success. Hopefully the first of more such nights? Maybe one more Norfolk-ish? (Plaid are playing here soon, so don't laugh).

Thanks mate! I would love to make this a regular thing and I think its quite possible if this one goes down well. As for one near you, get one organised and I will turn up! :beer:

Guest placidburp

They finally got back to me and we can get in for 3pm! I'm thinking - sound check everyone then try and start at about 4:30! I can finally get onto some other people to play now. Any more watmmers want to play? I'm going to start sorting some set times out in the next few weeks too so please get back to me soon if you want to play.

Guest placidburp

Right, this is a rough set time:

Acidburp (playing watmm music) 4-5

Lucid Rhythms 5-5:45

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle 5:45-6:30

Earl Grey 6:30-7:15

Oxynucid 7:15-8

Idiron Soundtrack 8-9

Mark Swift 9-10

Gareth Clarke 10-11

If we can get the place until midnight or later I will extend some sets or maybe get a DJ to play either 4pmish or after Gareth, to just wind down what is going to be a fucking perfect day of music, booze and above all watmm pals all together at last!

/cheese

For my set I would like to get a WATMM mix going. So will the people who can't make it or live overseas send me some tracks please? I will try and include each one in the mix and hopefully do them justice.

PM me some links or link to some tracks in here.

Thanks.

Right, this is a rough set time:

Acidburp (playing watmm music) 4-5

Lucid Rhythms 5-5:45

The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle 5:45-6:30

Earl Grey 6:30-7:15

Oxynucid 7:15-8

Idiron Soundtrack 8-9

Mark Swift 9-10

Gareth Clarke 10-11

If we can get the place until midnight or later I will extend some sets or maybe get a DJ to play either 4pmish or after Gareth, to just wind down what is going to be a fucking perfect day of music, booze and above all watmm pals all together at last!

/cheese

For my set I would like to get a WATMM mix going. So will the people who can't make it or live overseas send me some tracks please? I will try and include each one in the mix and hopefully do them justice.

PM me some links or link to some tracks in here.

Thanks.

i might bang you one or two tracks, only use my stuff as a last resort :trashbear:

Guest placidburp

Send away mate! I want to get as many tracks in as I can to pay homage to all our absent watmmers! (even though you will be there :))

Send away mate! I want to get as many tracks in as I can to pay homage to all our absent watmmers! (even though you will be there :))

like i said, last resort... use it as filler for when there's no-one there or something!

Guest Dirty Protest

Might try and make it to this, about 12 years ago I used to live upstairs at the Black Horse a couple of doors down, so its always good to get back up. I have a load of deadlines for the week before, so i'll see how they go.

Guest Jimbob

Black Horse Hotel eh? small world mate, went to a big big squat party there the year before last. Hard to imagine it though as an actual running pub, with tenants et all

Big building aswell

Guest Dirty Protest

Black Horse Hotel eh? small world mate, went to a big big squat party there the year before last. Hard to imagine it though as an actual running pub, with tenants et all

Big building aswell

I had a chat with you in the fag enclosure at AFX or Squarepusher(cant remember which one) at the warehouse project =)

Guest Jimbob

Cannot for the life of me remember that, but i'll take your word for it :shuriken:

Well looking forward to this now, just unsure of what kinda set to put together

Guest placidburp

Aww man,

would love hear all you lot play! a shame its so far away, Brighton to manchester is a mission. Hope all goes really well tho, so you tempted to do more!

Shame you can't make it mate, get someone to drive, chuck in for petrol, sleep in car or chuck in for a room! :) Wishful thinking, I know.

As for arranging more, I am certainly looking into it. I was speaking to a couple that are getting into promoting musicians and bands and they reckon we could put on a night at Manchester academy. And If we get 100 people to turn up you can make £250, now I don't know if that includes the hire of the equipment or if that is free, I will have to look into it properly. But it would mean we could get a bit of help towards travel expenses for anyone coming from out of the area. The couple I mentioned are both at Manchester Uni too, so they could promote it from the inside.

Its all just talk at the moment though, I will look into it more seriously when trashbear is over with and if it goes down well.

'fag enclosure' = british term for 'smoking area' ?

You would think....

Guest margaret thatcher

i'm wondering about what style of set to play too. the tunes on soundcloud with the most number of positive comments are the dubby ones, but i might go more uptempo cos it's a gig, not a chill out area...

or maybe a little from column a, a little from column b.

Guest placidburp

Play whatever you want mate, honestly! The styles are already quite varied so a bit of dub will go down a treat! Plus I'm trying to get some people down that love the dub, so it might play in our favour...

Archived