Guest placidburp

Guest Jimbob

am putting my set together at the minute, lots of jazzy drumfunk/choppage/d&b

mainly other peoples tunes, with a couple of my own thrown in

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest margaret thatcher

Play whatever you want mate, honestly! The styles are already quite varied so a bit of dub will go down a treat! Plus I'm trying to get some people down that love the dub, so it might play in our favour...

interesting! was a bit worried about dusting off the dub tracks, but think this may be quite cool...

Guest placidburp

No, go for it mate! The more variation, the better! Dub will be a winner, as will you!! :D

I'm going to get some flyers printed off soon and get them posted around town when I get chance.

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I HATE LIVING IN THE US

YOU EUROPEANS STINK FOR HAVING SUCH COOL SHOWS

AND WE GET NOTHING

:cry:

I feel your pain , my son .

Guest placidburp

The Vocalizer is the final person to be added to the Line-up!!

Check out his myspace - http://www.myspace.com/vocalizermusic

For those of you who don't know, The Vocalizer aka Andy Jackson sings over other artists music. He has done vocal mixes of Mrs Jynx, Oxynucid and Idiron Soundtrack and others. And I'm lucky enough to have him sing on one of my tracks too, which he will hopefully be doing at trashbear!

This, my friends, is going to be such a good event! I for one can't wait!!

placid, is there any chance of internet at this trashbear venue? i'd be willing to host a shoutcast server so everyone could tune in, as well as record the whole thing - its just a matter of getting the feed to me. it was sine's idea, and a brilliant one at that :)

Guest placidburp

Yeah, it has come up already. I am still waiting to get a reply from them about Internet and other details like what the sound system is like etc...(I seem to be waiting round a lot)

As soon as I hear anything I will let you all know! I'd be well up for live feeds etc, but someone else would have to organise it, I will have too much going on for me to take responsibility of it. I think oscillik was up for it....

yeah sounds good. i can host the shoutcast server and probably 40-50 listeners max, just a matter of who can send either a 12kb/sec stream or 19kb/sec stream to me from the venue. let's hope!

Guest placidburp

Yeah! Sounds great, cheers mate! I feel like I'm waiting around forever to get simple replies from the Promotion people, I even emailed the Landlord of the venue and oddly enough I got a reply from the promoter chap the day after! I hate waiting round, I NEEED TO KNOW SHIT NOWWWWWWWWW!!!!

"Gareth Clarke

:trashbear: gareth clarke is incredible news-should be quite a show.

i wish i could attend-alas-i am thousands of miles away.

i would guess it would go without saying that there will be a high quality recording

bouncing around here in late july that i could nab? all the best to watmm acid crew!

Guest margaret thatcher

well i'll be recording my show anyway.

i've run through my set a few times now and i've been occasionally fucking up the drops, but i'm determined for my set to be 100% live, fuck ups and all.

Guest Echo

Yeah whatever happened to Gareth Clarke? Didn't he have a CD on Sublight (for what it's worth)?

Guest placidburp

Yeah whatever happened to Gareth Clarke? Didn't he have a CD on Sublight (for what it's worth)?

He is on the Centrifuge now. http://www.thecentrifuge.co.uk/_wp/artists/gareth-clarke/

He is also playing another gig in Manchester a few weeks before trashbear with mr76, bogdan, jynx and loads more! Which is also the perfect opportunity for me to spam my event! wahahah!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest placidburp

All money made on the day will go to the Cancer charity 'The Christie' http://www.christies.org

Myself and others will be selling CDs of the artists playing on the day(those that are willing). I'm going to do a raffle and the usual pub/charity things!

The pub are going to make some posters for us and have agreed to put on a BBQ, weather permitting.

I would love some more suggestions on how to raise a bit more money on the day, all ideas are welcomed(sensible ones please...)

As well as 'the Vault' where we will be playing, I'm also trying to organise some nice acoustic stuff in the main room, if anyone knows anyone local that would like to play some stuff let me know. I don't think there will be room for a full band, but I am going up in the next few weeks and I will find out for certain.

Thanks!

Does anyone have experience with flying standby? I'm considering going with Ella to the airport terminal when she leaves and seeing if I can get a return flight for semi-cheap.

If that works out then I'll be seeing you gents at Trashbear.

Guest placidburp

Right, I'm going to have a look at the venue tomorrow night, check the place out, the sound system etc.

Any things you guys want me to find out when I'm there?

I'm going to take some pics of the sound system so you lot know what to expect, I haven't a clue myself, but my mate is coming with me and he is well up on the stuff..

I will ask them about Internets and if we can use theirs to stream stuff live...

What else? My brain has drawn a blank!

Clap your hands. If you hear a massive echo, that is not good.

Take a cd with some tracks that are well produced that you are super familiar with and see how they sound on the sound system.

Take a cd with some not too well produced, or mixed tracks and see how they go over (again ones you are very familiar with)

Also stand on stage, and in the crowd area when stuff is playing on the PA. If you can't hear very much on stage see if you can get some monitors, or get them turned up, since most the music likely won't be using house microphones, if any at all, they should be able to pump up the monitors. If they can't do anything about that situation you may want to instruct people to bring their own speakers to monitor with, or some good live headphones.

Ask if they have a limiter on the main mixers master output, since you are dealing with electronic music, it's often that clubs with compress the crap out of everything b/c they fear levels that are too loud, instead of just simply sticking a limiter on the main output.

Edit: Also ask what frequency their PA crossover is set at. It should be fine regardless, but a lot of clubs are tuned to an acoustic bass drum which is a bit higher than typical electronic kicks, and may not translate well. A lot of bass players play direct these days, and regardless a lot of the bass gets filtered out of small club PA's, especially if they are using amps, because the bass amps carry just fine without the PA (the low frequencies that is). So if there are issues with bass or especially sub bass coming out, check the crossover setting.

Archived