IGNORED

Frank Bretschneider Appreciation Thread

Guest 277: 930-933

I've got a 10" of his somewhere, called Party of two parts, t's quite enjoyable and fun to play in a abstract or minimal techno set.

That's all of his I ever heard though.

I definitely will.

thanks

Also check Balance, his collab with Taylor Deupree.

Saw yesterday that he also has a new audio/visual release called EXP coming out on Raster:

http://de-bug.de/musik/5487.html

Here is a

preview video

Yeah, Curve is my favourite Bretschneider release, although I've liked everything I've heard (even the live set I saw in a Berlin bar, although it was pretty much as Jonas described).

Balance w/ Deupree is a close 2nd best of the albums I've heard.

If you liked Rhythm i suggest you to check out Signal - Robotron (Frank Bretschneider + Carsten Nicolai + Olaf Bender).

One of the few albums from this kind of minimal sound that has aged very well.

I definitely will.

thanks

Also check Balance, his collab with Taylor Deupree.

Saw yesterday that he also has a new audio/visual release called EXP coming out on Raster:

http://de-bug.de/musik/5487.html

Here is a

preview video

nice

Mr Bretschneider certainly sticks out from the masses of other minimalist glitch artists to the point of his work being very 'musical' and having a personality rather than forgettable chin scratching fodder.

Not decided about his Rhythm album tho, I prefer the more polite works of Rand and Curve

If you liked Rhythm i suggest you to check out Signal - Robotron (Frank Bretschneider + Carsten Nicolai + Olaf Bender).

One of the few albums from this kind of minimal sound that has aged very well.

Wow, thanks for that. Only 2 Minutes in... and I already know I will love this Album. My next purchase!

Archived