UK General Election  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which one, if any?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib. Dem
    • Other & independents
    • None of the above

what do you think is going to happen? someone is going to win, with or without your vote...unless you're planning on putting foward some alternative to the current system, you aren't having any influence on who that will be, so don't complain when the next government is elected and you don't like it.

Are you really protecting the so-called "democratic process of electing a leader to office"? If you are, what do you base your point of view on? You do realise that whoever is elected will just maintain how things are? I hope you also realise the amount of corruption which is quite literally inherent within any political system in a monetary system. Politicians are not problem solvers - they are businessmen, lawyers and bankers who have no technical knowledge on how to solve social problems. They are uneducated in the fields of human understanding, sociology and how to implement technological change.

I advocate a resource based economy, if you haven't already heard of this concept, I suggest looking into the venus project:

www.thevenusproject.com

and

www.thezeitgeistmovement.com -- this movement is the activist arm of The Venus Project. I am not one to project problems all the time like many other people - I am and active member of the ZM. If the world does not adopt a scientific approach to problems, we will be in big trouble.

Not voting won't show the politicians anything, except that the general level of apathy hasn't improved since last time.

Being aware of how socially irrelevant politics is is not apathy. Advocating a solution to problems that go on in the world is what everyone should be working towards. Not voting will show that the public do not trust politicians. Why participate in a system which fails?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Funktion

fuck off with ya venus project already, this is a thread about the uk election not magical robots that make everything better

fuck off with ya venus project already, this is a thread about the uk election not magical robots that make everything better

wow, a perfect example of emotional projection over logic. congratulations.

here's my emotional response - what the fuck are you doing to change anything by voting in the election?

Guest Funktion

logic here, being whatever it is that you're bringing to the table, amirite

and i never implied that a different government will substantially change how society functions, it's just fun to speculate which arse will be in the news more for the next couple of years

Guest Dirty Protest

Anyone with a left liberal leaning, living in a marginal tory/labour seat voting lib dem, may as well just vote tory. Things like questioning the upper age of abortion, dont sit well with me, sounds like the same right wing christian bollocks the evil cunts have always spouted.

and i never implied that a different government will substantially change how society functions, it's just fun to speculate which arse will be in the news more for the next couple of years

good to hear that you don't take the governance of society very seriously

The manifesto has built up over the year and contains policies varying from "MPs should not be paid salaries but loans, like students. MPs often get highly paid jobs on leaving parliament as a consequence of having attended parliament, they should therefore repay the loan" to "the introduction of a Prohibition of Deception Act"

I would vote for that.

Guest Funktion

i hate sarcasm on the internet so much that now i'm going to do everything in my power to prevent a resource based economy from ever taking hold of this country. and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

i hate sarcasm on the internet so much that now i'm going to do everything in my power to prevent a resource based economy from ever taking hold of this country. and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

If you think about technological progression, it's more or less the only viable direction we can go in if we want to take care of everyone on the planet - Then again many people are not socially conditioned to consider everyone in the world.

Guest ezkerraldean

wicked, tonnes of Lib Demmers here. i have no idea what constituency my vote will count in now, and i'm not even sure if i'll be in the country or not when the actual election happens. how does one find that kind of shit out anyway?

Guest ezkerraldean
If you think about technological progression, it's more or less the only viable direction we can go in if we want to take care of everyone on the planet - Then again many people are not socially conditioned to consider everyone in the world.

with the massive hike in population and infrastructure that ZeitgeistWelt envisions, will any natural unspoilt environments be left untouched on earth, or will the entire surface of the planet be enveloped in the machinery of post-scarcity mass-production?

why not just lower the earth's population and introduce social democracy? wouldn't that be easier and less risky? what if part of the vast Zeitgeist infrastructure fails?

Guest ezkerraldean
but lib dems? yuck!!!

you want to live in a country called europe and youre happy that we have a european president who wasnt elected and makes £500,000 a year? fuck that federalist shit!

yes, i actually wouldn't mind. the EU is the fucking bomb, niggaz. also the EU president is elected, just not directly by the people. which is good, because most people are spazzfucktards

i'd cut that ludicrous wage though lol

who do you think ruined our schools?

are they really that bad? assuming there are any problems, i blame New Labour for killing all the grammar schools.

with the massive hike in population and infrastructure that ZeitgeistWelt envisions, will any natural unspoilt environments be left untouched on earth, or will the entire surface of the planet be enveloped in the machinery of post-scarcity mass-production?

Population can be controlled properly through education. A resource based economy encourages educating young people about the effects and basic needs which all humans require - and how much of an effect this has on the Earth. Look at it this way, hopefully in the future people will ask WHY they want another child, and will take into account the "carrying capacity" of the planet before having children. Parents do not think this way at the moment which is unfortunate. I agree that population control can be problematic, but the real solution is through better education, and to demonstrate the consequences to society of an excessive population.

There would be plenty of unspoiled environments as you have described - the whole basis of an RBE is to promote the well being of people, and we know that generally speaking, the environment plays an important role in shaping people's well being. We must make sure we do all that we can to maintain and preserve the environment by utilising technologies that do not rely upon fossil fuels thus eliminating pollutants into the atmosphere.

why not just lower the earth's population and introduce social democracy? wouldn't that be easier and less risky? what if part of the vast Zeitgeist infrastructure fails?

What kind of risks do you describe? Lowering the Earth's population can only realistically be achieved when there is better education about the consequences of an overcrowded planet. Social democracy, what does that even mean? Would there still be a money system based on scarcity? True democracy is electing ideas, not people saying what they will do. I see a democracy through a scientific lens: arriving at decisions with evidence though science, rather than relying upon opinions to create change (opinions based on emotional or corrupt means). Now that would create true freedom and well being for the planet - using science for social concern.

Guest ezkerraldean

(apologies for the derail, this thread is part of a rare breed of threads that i actually care about lol)

There would be plenty of unspoiled environments as you have described - the whole basis of an RBE is to promote the well being of people, and we know that generally speaking, the environment plays an important role in shaping people's well being. We must make sure we do all that we can to maintain and preserve the environment by utilising technologies that do not rely upon fossil fuels thus eliminating pollutants into the atmosphere.

how could you guarantee that Zeitgeist wouldn't fuck the planet? i'm not on about pollution, i mean physical space - all that energy-producing and product-manufacturing infrastructure would surely take up a fuckign tonne of space. plus people are going to want plenty of space to themselves too, with big pretty houses to enjoy their post-scarcity lives in. would other animals be able to continue their lives unhindered?

What kind of risks do you describe?
what if some aspect of the post-scarcity system collapses, and people are forced to live by their own means? how would they be able to, if they've lived their lives being pampered by robots and lacking the knowledge to catch their own food or make furniture and shit?

Lowering the Earth's population can only realistically be achieved when there is better education about the consequences of an overcrowded planet

yep, that can happen without Zeitgeist.
Social democracy, what does that even mean? Would there still be a money system based on scarcity?
what we have now plus a generous safety net and public welfare system, much-reduced social inequalities

True democracy is electing ideas, not people saying what they will do.

democracies presently operating in the world are not necessarily only the latter

also Bread how long us ur penis lol

wicked, tonnes of Lib Demmers here. i have no idea what constituency my vote will count in now, and i'm not even sure if i'll be in the country or not when the actual election happens. how does one find that kind of shit out anyway?

Go here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/general-election-2010

On the righthand side of the page type in your postcode. This will bring up the constituency, and the possible candidates. Also it'll give you the results of your consistuency for the past few elections.

Guest margaret thatcher

On the righthand side of the page type in your postcode. This will bring up the constituency, and the possible candidates. Also it'll give you the results of your consistuency for the past few elections.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/constituency/1343/stratford-on-avon

well that's fucking depressing.

Guest Dirty Protest

are they really that bad? assuming there are any problems, i blame New Labour for killing all the grammar schools.

Im assuming you went to a grammar school. Labeling ¾ of the population as failures, due to an exam they do when theyre 11, seems a bit socially crass to me. The systems probably got a part to play in keeping Northern Ireland in the past.

Mainly because I've never voted actually. Last time would've been my first, and I think I need to experience it at least once before I decide to never do it again.

what is there to experience, writing a cross on a piece of paper? The best thing that people can do is not vote - that will show the politicians that the public have lost trust in the political system.

what do you think is going to happen? someone is going to win, with or without your vote...unless you're planning on putting foward some alternative to the current system, you aren't having any influence on who that will be, so don't complain when the next government is elected and you don't like it.

i fucking hate this ridiculous old chestnut of utter non-logic.

here's an analogy. voting to me is like deciding who gets to rape you.

your argument is like saying that if you don't want to actively choose your rapist you have no right to complain about which orifice they fuck you in.

Guest ezkerraldean

ahh but my permanent address is in Canada and i've lived in 3 different UK constituencies since the last election. hence my confusion

bah who cares really, i'll be voting Lib Dem regardless of where my vote actually counts towards

Archived