60 members have voted

1. 1. Which one, if any?

• Labour
    • Conservative
    • Lib. Dem
    • Other & independents
    • None of the above

Guest Gary C

Most interesting 'plan' is that they would stop tax on the first £10k. Very appealing, especially for me during the next 4 years of my life. but of course we'd be taxed more elsewhere.

yeah, this might be the thing to swing me towards the lib dems. i assume they reckon they can afford this with revenue from their mansion tax.

Not entirely sure where it's supposed to come from, I guess Newsnight or the debates tomorrow will give us a better idea. I did hear that there's no cap though, so theoretically someone earning £100k will save tax on the first £10k too.

Now I've actually enrolled, and all the manifesto's are out I'm going to have to do some serious research.

Or do I actually, I'm certain already that I'll be voting yellow. LOL

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest margaret thatcher

I did hear that there's no cap though, so theoretically someone earning £100k will save tax on the first £10k too.

not quite, there's a cap of 100k. so anyone earning 101k will not get the tax relief.

not that it makes the slightest bit of difference to anyone earning 101k.

i think paxo said the other day that only 1 billion pounds out of 7 billion pounds saving will go to people earning under 10k.

Guest chunky

tories will implement social democratic policies far more efficiently than libdems or labour so what cameron said is correct

you would have to be completely mad or ignorant to vote for any of these fucks

Guest Gary C

He had a valid point. Tories are more capable of getting the job done, primarily due to their red-brick connections, but I still don't want to vote for them because I don't trust them or like them personally.

Perhaps it was edited in a particular way, but it seemed like a rather scathing and flippant remark that he threw out whilst being annoyed about a question on those pesky little yellows.

And that's exactly why it'll be a Labour/Lib parliament.

Also, Cameron's "you might as well vote Tory" remark really annoyed me. Does anyone think that's a completely cunty tactic of derision?

Yeah I do. The problem is to most people he's right.

I got in a bit of a difficult conversation with a coworker last week regarding this, he said "Basically it's gotta be Conservative eh?" I disagreed and he asked who I'm voting for. The problem is I don't know and I'll probably not vote again, to which he ranted that old chestnut about not being able to stand people who complain about politics and then not vote. I can understand his viewpoint but the problem is I hate this 'lesser of two evils' attitude that people have (and that Cameron is seemingly alluding to) and I always say vote for the party who most accurately represents what you believe - the problem is I haven't found a party (mainstream or fringe) who I could sincerely support. Part of the problem, blah blah

I can't see it ever breaking away from being just Labour and Conservative, not in my lifetime.

Guest Gary C

No, I understand that.

This has been the best chance for even an amalgamated third-party to have some sway, but it's just not going to happen. The Tory's are the most recognisable opposition and the country's been too bogged down with Labour hate.

Lib Dems could have gained a little more ground but they don't strike me as very tenacious. Then again, maybe that's a good thing? The rabid attitude of Conservative lately is getting irritating. You seen these new posters around London? *picture of smiling Gordon Brown* "I caused record unemployment. Let me do it again"

Edit: Here we go

http://community.brandrepublic.com/photos/conservatives_posters/images/70476/original.aspx

It's pathetic though. No talk about what they're going to do, just using everyones hate of Brown. It's pointless saying you'll do better than Gordon Brown; it's a given.

Guest Dirty Protest

Im pretty sure the farm in the tory manifesto is where I picked spuds to earn some cash when I as a kid =). All the manifestos are pretty shit really, they spend most of it talking money, whats the point, the money goes on bin collection, roads, schools and hospitals, is what it is and no government can manipulate it very much. I want a party that says theyre going to tear up the green belt, so houses can be built. Pampering to 6 voters and their village pond always takes precedence(the e's in that word make me uncomfortable) over 500 non voters stuck in highrise tombs, Thatchers legacy, selling counsel houses and not building anymore with the money.

Who I vote for doesnt really mater, I live in one of the safest Labour seats in the country, thats handy then =)

Im pretty sure the farm in the tory manifesto is where I picked spuds to earn some cash when I as a kid =). All the manifestos are pretty shit really, they spend most of it talking money, whats the point, the money goes on bin collection, roads, schools and hospitals, is what it is and no government can manipulate it very much. I want a party that says theyre going to tear up the green belt, so houses can be built. Pampering to 6 voters and their village pond always takes precedence(the e's in that word make me uncomfortable) over 500 non voters stuck in highrise tombs, Thatchers legacy, selling counsel houses and not building anymore with the money.

Who I vote for doesnt really mater, I live in one of the safest Labour seats in the country, thats handy then =)

You're just down the road from me, I'm in E15. I'm not voting, mind you. Waste of effort in such a safe seat.

Guest margaret thatcher

You're just down the road from me, I'm in E15. I'm not voting, mind you. Waste of effort in such a safe seat.

you think you're in a safe seat, i live in fucking stratford upon avon. it's all countryside alliance and cross of st george bullshit round here. i'll still vote though.

you think you're in a safe seat, i live in fucking stratford upon avon. it's all countryside alliance and cross of st george bullshit round here. i'll still vote though.

From one Stratford to another... LOL.

You get Shakespeare, we get the Olympics and Anish Kapoor's shit tower. But I guess the tradeoff is, you have to live in a provincial hellhole.

i heard stratford's getting a velodrome. that'll come in handy after the olympics.

Yeah, all the fixie-weilding hipsters from the trendy neighbouring boroughs will be able to compete for dominance with the local underclass kids on their stolen BMXs...

Guest Funktion

nick clegg and vince cable remind me of luke skywalker and obi wan kenobi. so i shall be voting for them.

Guest Dirty Protest

If Dave thinks its so broken, why doesnt he just fuck off out of my country and the 98% of decent people can just get on without this twat bringing us down.

Guest chunky

itv debate is bleh

brown spouting fake statistics and figures. bullshitter of all time.

clegg talking attractive fallacies that sound good but are wrong. illogical teenage dogooder fake rubbish.

cameron offering a more efficient and PR snazzy version of the other two parties' crud.

yuck

Guest dilbthelame

it's all countryside alliance and cross of st george bullshit round here.

the countryside alliance really annoys me. for a while it was actually arguing about good things, closure of local post offices and all that, and then it got co-opted by dickheads who think the most important issue if you live in the countryside is whether or not you can use a horse to chase foxes with. twattery.

anyway, my vote would be for the libs (live in north cornwall, "labour can't win here" and all that bs), but i only sent the registration form off today, don't know whether i'll be on in time.

As long as neither tories nor BNP win I'll be happy. But then again, I don't live in the British Isles. I just want to.

Archived