IGNORED

Chris Cunningham Live

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

mostly VJing...

...but he plays some musick too...

so pre prepared tracks mainly and he VJs? or does he DJ all the music?

he hasn't made any music has he?

Maybe he made some music before (for real...who doesn´t make music these days) but I can´t get you his stuff since I personally don´t know him, so try to mail him or something and ask him if he ever tried to make any...

from what I know, I can suggest that he did some DJing only actions (not sure, I just repeat what I read on the webs) so it´s possible... or, as you say he just VJs to something prepared or to someones djsets/livemusicks

I think that getting this kind of information on the webs shouldn´t be hard so have a try...

There was an interview in this weeks Time Out London about it. Basically, its unseen experimental cunningham shorts, accompanied by music of his own composing (he's getting into music now) interspersed with bits and pieces of other people's stuff.

He says he has gone in this direction because he wants to do stuff for himself (rather than videos and ads with other people telling him what to do) and a live event lets him experiment with ideas or 3/4 finished projects without his perfectionism making him feel that he is 'committing something to celluloid forever'

He plans to do live shows for the next few years.

In the interview he mentions for example that he spent 4 years working on a short film and never released it because he was never quite happy with it... but in a live setting he feels able to unveil that sort of stuff.

Also, he likes big screens and intense sound and so a live show is good for that.

Apparently he has a ton of unreleased nearly-finished stuff.

i think the vader mash up was actually by someone else and he was just playing it? not sure.

Saw a wicked portion where he "cut" the fight scene between Skywalker and Vader to some techno song. Despite the shitness of the bootleg, you could tell the crowd was 'avin it.

Yeah, I've seen that, he used a Vitalic song. It looked pretty awesome.

You might appreciate this too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiRfe2kk4rQ

Archived