IGNORED

tool 2010

Guest tht tne

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

schism. OMG. So it was normal. Then it was the first breakdown. And suddenly things got all glitchy and speeding up and they went into this super duper meth fast interlude version of it. It was crazy and awesome!

Stinkfist was extended, same way i've always seen it, where he stops before the big "I'LL - - KEEP..." and they jam and then come back to it later.

There were tons of interludes. And the synthy droney thing 3/4 through lasted about 10 minutes. Some reallllly good sounds going on in there. I couldn't see THAT well but I know maynard and danny were both playing.

how are the new video screens?

Undesirable. That's why I say they finally beat out NIN cuz they found a way to be very innovative but not take away from the fact that there is a band playing live on stage if that makes sense. AT one point they are all extended far out and the stage looks about 4 times bigger than it is. Very epic. Kinda similar to the effect on the pink floyd pulse tour, granted that was indeed already a big stage.

The vid screens move around and are much much higher quality than the lateralus tour. Didn't seem pixelated at all, and the fx were all very smooth and detailed.

ALSO! Maynard actually played to the crowd. More than I've ever seen him (in person). He still wasn't the upfront in your face front man, but he was up there and more in the center than in the far back shadows most the time. A welcome change sense he is so awesome. Also he was wearing bunny slippers, or mickey mouse slippers, or something like that. Possibly clown shoes. But more likely slippers.

And I don't think that was planned cuz right at the begging after they came out of the third eye zone, Adam glanced over at Maynard, did a double take, and did a very hearty and obvious lol. Was nice sense he's always so serious face business.

Guest theSun

tool was my autechre of high school. saying that, i didn't much like 10k days, but lateralus is probably the best rock album conceivably possible.

glad to see they put on an excellent show. i saw them for lateralus and 10k days, wasn't too impressed with that 10k days show.

technically lateralus is their best but man, aenima is unstoppable. i would think if i could only have 1 tool record with me, it would have to be aenima. 10k days was good but wings for marie took up so much of the album. take away the interludes and there were really 5 or 6 songs (aside from wings). thats not a lot considering the 4 year wait. hopefully the new album will be killer.

i was asking about the interludes because i remember they jammed wings for marie a few times during the lateralus tour. so maybe they are jamming some new stuff now.

I actually agree with that completely, minus wings for marie.

And all their interludes were very synth heavy if nothing but synth and some guitar fx and nothing else.

while the tool buzz is still high, i'd like to share my fav recording i have. its absolutely flawless. killer show too. The stinkfist is extended and has a jam with king buzzo from the melvins. stranglehold is done really well. jerk-off also has a nice little jam at the end. danny is straight fire the whole show (duh) and maynard has great hilarious banter throughout.

please enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4WCV2BQ1

Wings Stadium, Kalamazoo MI

July 15, 1998

Flood

Hush

Forty Six & 2

Stinkfist

Stranglehold

Sober

Pushit

Eulogy

Aenima

Jerk-off

Guest Greg Reason

glad to see they put on an excellent show. i saw them for lateralus and 10k days, wasn't too impressed with that 10k days show.

I really enjoyed the first wave of 10,000 Days because they did Wings for Marie... Fucking intense. Plus the instrumental jams were really fucking cool.

The Lateralus tour was way better as far as setlist choices and variance show-to-show goes but Wings was/is unstoppable. They'll never play it live again though

Guest Greg Reason

while the tool buzz is still high, i'd like to share my fav recording i have.

Cheers for that!

First time I saw them Melvins were support, it was legendary. Pitful of meathead Tool fans yelling "You're shit!!!" while Melvins held their arms out to their sides, swaying side to side smacking their guitars into their amps. So fuckin funny

while the tool buzz is still high, i'd like to share my fav recording i have.

Cheers for that!

First time I saw them Melvins were support, it was legendary. Pitful of meathead Tool fans yelling "You're shit!!!" while Melvins held their arms out to their sides, swaying side to side smacking their guitars into their amps. So fuckin funny

no problem. the sound is impeccable. almost studio quality. hope you enjoy.

i was in maynard's platoon and we did a couple of folk songs together

going to see them on monday just to say hello and catch up

See if they can get a rolling lol going on their video screens. Would be even more epic than their already quite epic, epic screens of epic-ness.

When they are all panned out far from each other I swear the stage seems so huge it almost gives you, I guess like reverse vertigo?

Yes. It is interesting to see the many different sides of maynard. The hardcore screamer, soothe singer, overly sarcastic jackass, super serious wine maker.

anyone seen the documentary where maynard and some other guy talk about their wine making venture in phoenix? "blood into wine" i think it was called.

its not out on dvd yet, so i have not seen it. and the wine isnt made in phoenix. :emotawesomepm9:

bloodintowinemedium.jpg

Archived