IGNORED

Starkey - Ear Drums And Black Holes

ascdi

Is there really no thread for this album? I just picked it up yesterday and am listening for the first time now. It's super excellent, as anticipated. Dude really has his shit together.

I read the Pfork review for this record and it actually does make some good points, especially in regards to this album having a "sense of humor" or some sort of fun factor to it, more so than other SUPAR AGGRO URBAN MUSICK DOODS' albums. In my opinion anyway. Bit of a genre melting pot ('Stars' and all that plus the expected steppy tunes) too.

Neat CD package as well. I'm gonna nab the Stars single from the Mu website as soon as I get home tonight too. Millenia is a large-ish ham.

FAKE EDIT: large-ish jam

Guest Smuckers

listening through it now, onto the last track. i guess i've been waiting for a track like 'dark alley' to hit, but so far i've only been impressed by 'pleasure points'. another listen or two is in order i feel. no interest in tracks with dudes rapping/mc-ing.

Guest Grizz

It's a bit of a grower and the vocal tracks don't really add much to it but they don't really piss me off either. He's definately following the same path as Joker or trying to at least. I'm digging it anyway, Fourth Dimension is a brilliant track.

• 3 months later...

This one is weird because I really liked it at first, then about 10 listens later I thought it was crap. Now I have no desire to listen to it anymore.

Also there's no real deep bass in it, and he chose some pretty annoying high-pitched wobble sounds for some of the "omg wobbly club banger" tunes.

Archived