IGNORED

New track

Hautlle

Guest Greg Reason

I quite like it actually. The big fluffy synths have an Underworld feel to them, which is nice and when the beat comes in it gets awfully strange :crazy:

I really love the pads that come in around 1.30. best part of the song imo. I reckon the beats need a little cleaning up (just with a touch of EQ, you don't need to go hard) and then it'll sit really nicely.

Quite a bizarre track but very likable.

Guest Idio

There's some really awesome noises in this track, but overall I'm afraid I'm not a fan. I think it's a bit to slow to get started, and when it odes it's pretty cool but not for long enough.

ha, nice. It opens with this 80's vibe, then ya hear "real" noises come in and while it seemed a bit jarring at 1st, it settled nicely. I think it could make a nice interlude.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Love very opening panning synth, the hi pitched 2055 chinaman synth that comes in needs reverb and delay and maybe some other trippy tweaks (it sounds pretty stock dry right now to me) the chinamen pad that comes in nice, just needs a lil more reverb with a loong decay, I mean that bitch can get wet, the glitch drums are tight but get too loud kinda randomly, compress all the glitch drums and turn down the thick glitch that comes in pretty hard panned. THIS TRACK NEEDS A GROOVY THICK HIP HOP PATTERN BASS DRUM. (and most like when you do that you will want a nice snare to make hypnotize the head bobbaz of the eastern sea board) The ending hi pitched transposed voice that comes in almost at the end needs a little less volume and also some wet long reverb. & just a little reverb on some the other sounds selectively and I think you got a winner

Love very opening panning synth, the hi pitched 2055 chinaman synth that comes in needs reverb and delay and maybe some other trippy tweaks (it sounds pretty stock dry right now to me) the chinamen pad that comes in nice, just needs a lil more reverb with a loong decay, I mean that bitch can get wet, the glitch drums are tight but get too loud kinda randomly, compress all the glitch drums and turn down the thick glitch that comes in pretty hard panned. THIS TRACK NEEDS A GROOVY THICK HIP HOP PATTERN BASS DRUM. (and most like when you do that you will want a nice snare to make hypnotize the head bobbaz of the eastern sea board) The ending hi pitched transposed voice that comes in almost at the end needs a little less volume and also some wet long reverb. & just a little reverb on some the other sounds selectively and I think you got a winner

Just wanted to say thanks man! This idea turned out great. I was trying to work it in with just a hi-hat showing the beat ala gantz graf, but it just wasn't working. This really made it quite nice.

I've got it to a point that I'm pretty much happy with it, but it still needs polish. I have my final exam tomorrow followed by 3 weeks of freedom so I'm gonna polish up all my recent tracks and hopefully write some new stuff in that time!

The synth at 1:26 sounds a bit dry, like it needs to be treated. The melody itself is fine, but it is a bit jarring in the context that the other sounds create.

I like the mood of the track—it reminds me of rain.

Guest clubbedtodeath

I like this, quite a complex piece. I only have a few production grumbles (and these are only my personal opinions):

- Everything seems panned dead centre. Whilst drums/bass are fine where they are, you could seperate the parts out a bit more by panning the tracks left or right

- The chinaman pad definitely needs some reverb, and quieter. I'd go for a long reverb time, but mostly dry - maybe 15% wet.

- The drums seem to get lost in the mix a bit; are you sidechaining them?

Apart from those 3 points, it's pretty good stuff!

Cheers

Thanks for more feedback everyone!

That high synth has been a bitch... It sounds dry, but believe me, it's not. I'm not sure if it needs more eq'ing, but adding reverb just won't give it any more space.

I have yet to mess with any panning other than the intro, underlying synth, as that was part of the patch (that's the DSI tetra) Will look into it as part of the polish.

Which drums get lost? The main steady beat or the chopped up ones? I have the chopped drums ducking under the main beat, but I kind of like how the drums get lost in there and you can't quite find the beat all the time. I also drop out the steady beat at times to let it seem like the beat is falling apart.

i think there's too much of those noisey things at the beginning, maybe tone them down a bit and let them be even more expressive? i like it.

Archived