IGNORED

ENGLAND v MEXICO

GORDO

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gary C

Thank fuck Ashley Cole will be back. Baines simply isn't world standard.

Milner's looking good, if in a strange role. Walcott's doing his usual act of showing the most forward thinking but not having the decision-making to choose a clinical option.

We're very lucky. I don't think we've had a shot so far, just managed to knock the ball in a couple of times. Mexico look good in attack, but terrible in defense. It's going to be a tough summer.

Guest Jimbob

England never seem to start confidently, we will get punished if we continue to do that

Ledley King winning pretty much everything in the air, not quite got the pace though as it showed.

Wright Phillips for Walcott, Warnock for Baines.... bobs your uncle....3 - nil :beer:

*edit 3-1

haha

Guest Gary C

England never seem to start confidently, we will get punished if we continue to do that

It would be nice to see England come flying at the whistle. Rooney tries to, but no-one else really bothers.

I think the pressure gets to all of them in different ways. Rooney/Gerrard/Crouch/Milner/Terry try to impress, but for some they're too scared not to fuck up.

And for good reason actually, because Rooney/Gerrard/Terry are easily our best assets. Maybe it's good that the others keep their minds focused on not fucking about in the first minutes.

after this game

Outs > Huddleston, Walcott, Baines, carrick

plane ticket> greene, hart, king, milner, crouch, dafoe, johnson, lennon

roll on the japs on sunday

i think, heskey and the chelsea boys will all start with james in goal, rooney wont play.

also what a breath of fresh air of adrien chiles replacing steve rider, im a big chiles fan. he just makes it fun

Guest Alex C

Lennons got to start over Walcott. Much better second half.

Good result for Portugal drawing against Cape Verde Islands, LOL

from what i saw tonight, i have complete confidence on england to lift the world cup. and tonight wasnt a good performance and basically an experiment. we just have good players who are starting to spend alot of time together which is making the squad really tight.

i bet we dick the japanese by 5+ goals on sunday, the 2nd half will be basically one of the team of players we'll see in the world cup at one point or another.

Guest Jimbob

good to see Glen Johnson proving everyone wrong eh? top performance, and the choice of reasonable centre backs is a good problem for Cappello to have. Milner looked a bit wobbly at times esp in that defensive role, but even Barry has his moments, so we'll see who ends up playing there....

i'm going to miss the Japan game unfortunately, but we should dick on em, and with plenty of the fringe players i hope

Guest sirch

from what i saw tonight, i have complete confidence on england to lift the world cup. and tonight wasnt a good performance and basically an experiment. we just have good players who are starting to spend alot of time together which is making the squad really tight.

i bet we dick the japanese by 5+ goals on sunday, the 2nd half will be basically one of the team of players we'll see in the world cup at one point or another.

my perception was that England weren't even trying that hard ! they were well laid back at times it seemed. saving themselves.

whereas Mexico.. full pelt! always! desperate! but farting in the wind.

England were strong, and at the end of the day, 3-1!

if they can just tidy it up and be a lil' bit harder, maybe.. but keep some energy for when it REALLY matters...... anything is possible.

Guest Gump

england will lose in the semi finals.

i also heard that steven gerrard pumped a16 year old and got her up the duff and his mrs left him for a derby county player.

which is true?

you decide

Guest sirch

england will lose in the semi finals.

i also heard that steven gerrard pumped a16 year old and got her up the duff and his mrs left him for a derby county player.

which is true?

you decide

i'll take an E please Bob..

Guest Grizz

I'd definately take Walcott as a sub but not ahead of Lennon. So frustrating that he can take a man on and then fuck it up, good job Lennon grew out of that.

Carrick was genuinely shocking yesterday. What a disappointing second half of the season he's had, Baines looked crap too.

Crouch ahead of Heskey please. And bring Scott Parker.

England got dominated in the midfield, and that was against Mexico.

Luckily our first game is against the States, who are never as inventive as Mexico.

Walcott needs to take some lessons from Gary Neville in how to cross a ball, he'd be golden then. I don't think Walcott had a particularly awful match, and Capello will take him.

Carrick and Milner were both shite, although Carrick was more shite. Gerrard was uninspired.

Central defense looked competent but slow. Baines was laughable.

Fucking Green made some decent stops hey? Give the lad a bit of credit.

England out in the quarters (god I hope they prove me wrong).

chen i always thought u was from canada?

regards to the midfield miler i thought played well, not so well when he was defending but thats not his game he is an attacking midfilder

CMA - from Canada, but since I have British citizenship, with a dad from Middlesborough and a mum from Leicester I have no qualms with classifying myself a supporter of England. I'm not a fairweather fan either, and i don't support any other national sides (not even Korea, which is a country I love dearly).

Milner needs to press the ball more (the whole midfield did in that match though, it was too fucking easy for Mexico, and better teams will punish us for it badly).

Guest Rambo

Luckily Barry and Lampard are a way better centre mid combo than Milner and Carrick. I really like Milner but he doesn't look right in the centre at all.

Archived