IGNORED

RiP: A Remix Manifesto

Rubin Farr

saw this tonight on the Documentary Channel, interesting stuff; pretty much follows Girl Talk through his career, but also touches on Creative Commons and Brazil's refusal to recognize US copyright law. also some good swipes at Disney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oar9glUCL0

lol just watched the trailer, of course Lessig is in it.

@yek TED means Technology, Entertainment, Design.

There are some truly amazing TED talks, from the very famous Jeff Han talk on multi-touch interfaces a few years ago (which is where I first heard of the talks) to stuff like the one I posted, or the one chaosmachine posted elsewhere. If you ever get a chance to go to one, you should, because they're great for hearing people talk on subjects you would not likely think about. UBC doe TEDx talks, if you'd like, I can let you know when the next one will be happening.

TED talks are so great... I have a iTunes video podcast of them, and downloads them as they are released.

And I thought the E was for education?

Nope, you're right.... It's entertainment!

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

hoped it would be more about remixing and less about copyright infringment etc

Yeah the topics kind of go hand in hand though. What I basically got from the movie is we should update the copyright laws so more legal remixing can be done, to build on culture like those in the past did.

^^^acid1 yeah well he's a pretty intelligent dude....lol

I would love to have him as a prof...I bet his lectures are wicked.

Archived