IGNORED

The Official 2010 World Cup Thread

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dirty Protest

I feel a bit sorry for Italy, Mucha dhould have been sent off for punching (i think it was) Quagliarella in the face and that goal was never off side. Its an odd feeling, being sorry for Italians.

Guest Alex C

Yeah literally nothing, theatrics from both sides

Italy never deserved to go through, you don't finally show up ten minutes from time

Guest Mirezzi

I don't think so. I think it was offside on the equalizer and Italy were fishing for help from the referee with that muckup in the goal. Mucha looked like he was trying to get a wop out of his goal. Anyway...

It's a shame to see some of that quality leave the tournament, but there is no fucking WAY Italy would have deserved to go through with three draws. This is NOT 1982 and there is no Rossi on this team.

The keys to Italy's demise, obviously, Buffon and Pirlo. Everything changed when Pirlo hit the pitch. They were utterly without ideas without him. Marchetti looks like a third or fourth rate keeper and conceded at least two really soft goals.

Big fat stain to the careers of the otherwise legendary Cannavaro and Lippi.

I feel a bit sorry for Italy, Mucha dhould have been sent off for punching (i think it was) Quagliarella in the face and that goal was never off side. Its an odd feeling, being sorry for Italians.

a little tap on the face and he acts like he's shot in the face and flopping around in the net like a stupid fish. glad he also got carded for that embellishment.

Guest Mirezzi

Defending champ AND runner-up gone in first round. Has that *ever* happened? Italy haven't failed to get out of their group since 1974.

Egads. I have to reiterate: Lippi's legacy has been dented significantly.

Guest Mirezzi

According to ESPN:

Never have the previous World Cup finalists both failed to advance in the next tournament when both qualified.
Guest Mirezzi

i wonder what sort of facial expressions paraguay girl is making now that they've won their group...

Did anybody watch that game? lol

paraguayan-babe2.jpg

paraguayan-babe3.jpg

God damn, she's almost as hot as Roque Santa Cruz.

Archived