IGNORED

Getting a new mp3 player

Guest Sprigg

Guest Sprigg

Someone please close this thread before the pro-ipod/ anti-ipod people start killing each other.

Thanks for the ideas, guys! Probably getting the 32Gb s9! :closedeyes:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

apple must intentionally make the iTunes PC version a piece of shit because in the 7+ versions of iTunes I've been using for mac, I have never encountered a problem with the program or my iPod. Ok sure every once in a while you have to reset the darn thing. oh no. press and hold the button, then it's fine. that happens to me maybe once every six months of everyday use.

Everyone gripes about iTunes on this board and I'm always totally mystified as to why? What has it ever done? (other than no FLAC support that is irritating occasionally) Did iTunes like delete all your music or something? I've never had a problem. It's a place to view all your music files and easily put them on an ipod, without having to scroll through tons of files through the desktop (which is what i'm assuming drag and drop means).

Now granted my ipod classic is 3+ years old and is running on its last legs. dying after literally everyday use for three years for that kind of technology is not impressive but not any reason to get up in arms about it. Planned obsolescence is a business concept that dates back muuuuuch farther than Apple.

so I ask again: what is so heinously wrong with iTunes or an iPod? (other than buying it for the "image" or the logo which again totally mystifies me. it works. it does its job. it's an aesthetic object both to use (the GUI) and physically. it really is all about the 1 sq.cm size logo on the back of the machine, you dolts)

Guest Al Hounos

good choice sprigg, don't forget to start fooling around with the user-made GUIs at www.iaudiophile.net .. some pretty slick ones out there that offer a ton of customizability

and dr. lopez, itunes sucks cos it ain't foobar. there are tons a reasons but i aint gonna type em all out.

Guest Babar

Okay her is my advice. If you want quality go for something good like a mzrh1 (that's what i own, it's the last md player, the sound is truely incrdible) or get an ipod touch. I personally own a broken iphone a friend gave me, and it's much more than a music player. Actually it rather looks like a mini-computer (I use it to write down stuffs). The only bad point about it is maybe the sound quality.

For the S9 interface I recommend following themes:

Aero VTX for the main screen, Dark Evolution for listening and Klaus Browser (aka Cube Browser 2) for browsing.

Guest Sprigg

Aero VTX for the main screen, Dark Evolution for listening and Klaus Browser (aka Cube Browser 2) for browsing.

Yeah, I took a look at a few of them last night. I really dig Cassini's red theme for the listening, though Dark Evolution definitely caught my eye as well. Any I should stay away from due to general bugginess?

Guest joshier

also on ipod you can't just transfer, oh no, you have to convert it to some dodgy shit format that apple insists you use. utter shit.

it takes so long aswell, rendering it useless. Took a good 20 minutes to convert a spongebob episode, I can't be dealing with this.

Yeah, I took a look at a few of them last night. I really dig Cassini's red theme for the listening, though Dark Evolution definitely caught my eye as well. Any I should stay away from due to general bugginess?

It doesn't hurt to try them, they are just user interfaces. If they lock up or behave buggy you can just remove them, no harm done. Especially because installing and removing is such a breeze.

Guest Sprigg

It doesn't hurt to try them, they are just user interfaces. If they lock up or behave buggy you can just remove them, no harm done. Especially because installing and removing is such a breeze.

Rock on.

Archived